I must rave about this FANTASTIC pet product!

1. My dog started developing skin allergies and scratches and bites himself quite often. As a result, his fur started to thin and fall out and he was starting to look very pink and have small patches of missing fur. In fact, his tail was starting to resemble a rat's tail! :wtf:

The vet tried to give him all sorts of ointments and supplements that only showed a little bit of improvement. I started him on Vet Balance for months but his fur did not improve and actually started to appear a dull.

I went online and did some research and found something called Missing Link Plus (They sell this at Whole Foods and pet stores). After just 1.5 to 2 months, everything improved drastically! His fur is long, soft, and silky. All the little bald patches are completely gone and his fur is thick, full, and glossy :yahoo:!

My baby looks very pretty and handsome and everyone else agrees. His vet, vet staff, and day camp staff are all shocked whenever they look up his age because they think he is a puppy or young adult (he just entered his senior years). He's been on Missing link for about 3 or 4 months now and he LOVES the stuff. It's like a treat for him.

I hope this helps out any other pet owners (it is for both cats and dogs, but double check the forumla) :yes:
  2. Wow! Do you have before and after pics? How is your dog's energy level?

I'm going to look up this stuff right now....my dad's lab is at an advanced age (she's getting slow and dull looking) and this may be just what they are looking for!
  3. We sell that stuff at the training center...it works great!
  4. Thanks for sharing, that is interesting to know! So your dog was diagnosed with skin allergies? was he ever prescribed medication (not supplements) to help with the itch? Looking at the ingredients of the missing link it appears to be glucosamine, essential fatty acids, (Omega 3 and 6), probiotics, fibre etc. I'm a little surprised that there is garlic in there as I thought large amounts can cause toxicity problems, just like onions. I suppose there is not enough in there to cause harm, but I wonder about long term effects on very tiny dogs? I must go find out about the lethal dose. :smile: I wonder if just supplementing your dog with O3 and O6 oils would suffice? They are probably the ones most important towards maintaining a healthy skin coat, but it's interesting to know they have taken your dog's symptoms away! Did you change his diet as well?
  5. Thanks for telling us - I have a friend who's pet this may help.
  6. My mom's Yorkie takes this and it's amazing! She has horrible skin allergies and it seems to help. We also give her plain yogurt and it makes her hair healthier.

7. OMG my pugs started taking Missing Link about 2 months ago. One of my pugs suffers from allergies and Missing Link has helped her out tremendously! Her allergies got so bad that her face wrinkles would swell up and she’d lose hair in the wrinkles. We thought we weren’t cleaning her face wrinkles enough, even though we were cleaning her face wrinkles daily. I started to realize it had to be allergies. On a pug forum I frequent someone mentioned Missing Link for dogs helping with allergies. They make Missing Link for horses too, and a lot of horse owners I know give their horses this product. Since my little Luna has been taking this stuff, she has not had an allergies episode since! She hasn’t even had a pimple, which can be common for pugs, so I think it’s helped clear her pimples too. I have been thinking about writing a rave post about Missing Link, but just didn't never got around to it.
  8. What exactly is the Missing Link stuff? Is it a supplement or food? My dog has allergies and he might benefit from this. Do they also sell this for cats?
  9. I bought the Missing Link Plus for my dog yesterday. My dog seems to love it. I did notice that he pooped much more than usual. I suppose it bulks up everything in their waste. I also found out they have it for cats, but my pet store didn't have or I would of got it for my cat.
  10. I'm going to check out this product. My dogs tend to have seasonal allergies. They are on an Omega 3 supplement now that does make their coats very shiny.

HubbaWubba, please let us know if your dog's stool returns to normal after a few days of use. I would hate for my dogs to have to "go" all of the time due to a new product.
  11. Chuggie, it says to start them off by giving a little bit then building up the amount. It is a powder form that you add to your dogs food. I have a min pin , so maybe I gave him too much for the first time. As soon as he got outside, he just went. I just know on his morning walk, he had a lot more than usual. He seriously went like 3 times, when he only goes like twice and a lot came out. It shocked me because I didn't know how he stored it all! LOL I am going to be more careful.
  12. ^^ Thanks for the quick response. I might consider this supplement as an option during the spring when allergy season kicks in around here.
  13. In case anyone is interested. Here is some info on Missing Link.

In nature, dogs consume foods that are whole, raw and fresh, while domestic animals generally have a diet of processed foods only. The Missing Link was developed to target the nutritional gap between what nature provides and what is available in commercial foods. Formulated with all-natural, human-edible-quality whole foods and food concentrates, The Missing Link reintroduces unprocessed, nutrient-rich foods into your dog's diet.

The Missing Link is a dry granular powder, nitrogen flushed and vacuum-packed for freshness to protect its precious nutrients. It includes important nutrients like Omega-3 and Omega-6& essential fatty acids, enzymes and probiotics, fiber, phytonutrients, and vitamins and minerals. Missing Link Plus includes glucosamine for extra joint support for older dogs and those with arthritis or joint stiffness.

For years, veterinarians and pet owners have added The Missing Link Canine Formula to commercial foods to promote:
    • General Health & Well-Being
    • Better Digestion
    • Healthy Skin & Coat
    • Increased Energy
    • Quicker Recovery After Surgery or Injury
    • Less Shedding
    • Reduced Allergies
    • Less Scratching & Itching
    • Reduced Odor
    • Less Joint Stiffness and Pain

Canine Formula Ingredients:
    Flaxseed, rice bran, primary dried yeast, blackstrap molasses, sunflower seed, freeze dried beef liver, dehydrated alfalfa, dried carrot, shark cartilage powder, freeze dried fish protein powder, barley grass leaves powder, dried kelp, freeze dried oyster powder, zinc monomethionine, lecithin, chromium yeast, selenium yeast, niacin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, garlic powder, yucca schidigera extract, riboflavin, thiamine hydrochloride, folic acid and cobalamin

Canine Plus Formula Ingredients:
    Flaxseed, glucosamine hydrochloride, freeze dried liver, blackstrap molasses, rice bran, primary dried yeast, sunflower seed, dehydrated alfalfa, dried carrot, shark cartilage powder, freeze dried fish protein powder, freeze dried oyster powder, barley grass leaves powder, dried kelp, zinc monomethionne, lecithin, chromium yeast, selenium yeast, pyridoxine hydrochloride, niacin, garlic powder, yucca powder, yucca schidigera extract, riboflavin, thiamine hydrochloride, folic acid and cobalamin
  14. Thanks for sharing this info, hubby has a dog that scratches and chews on his legs and paw quite often ... we may have to try this one.
  15. I am going to Whole Foods tomorrow...one of my baby's chews his foot....sound like he is crunching bone.