I lost the dispute!....part 3

1. This is part 3 of a continuing headache: http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/really-frustrated-right-now-part-2-a-209871.html. I found out this morning that I lost the dispute that was filed against me and now have to fork over the $800 and my LV is still nowhere in sight. I'm now going to file a lost with the PO and hope that I can recover my $$ there since it was their fault that they didn't scan the insurance slip ( I couldn't prove who signed for it) and therefore lost the claim. I still feel in my heart that she is committing mail fraud because if the bag was delivered to the wrong address, wouldn't someone bring it back to the PO? I want to file a possible "mail fraud" with the Postal Inspectors but don't know for sure:confused1:.....please bounce some ideas off of me!:crybaby:TIA

2. i'd file anything and everything you possible can. .. that totally sucks!!!!

Definitely the post office *should* be responsible!

3. DC is different than insurance.

I am sorry you are going through this.

Your package may still show up.

I had one get lost b/w PA & NJ for 2 weeks, and b/w PA & Mn for 4 weeks.

4. Yes, I would file with the PO! Do you have any proof of anything from the post office?

I had a different situation but submitted to the PO copy of emails, copy of receipts, etc. regarding an eBay fraudulent seller who was trying to swindle me. They pursued her and filed charges against this seller. Long story short she was charged with 3 different counts of felony and is serving prison time right now!!! Appararently she swindled a few other eBay buyers too! I was so surprised! I got my $800 back too!

Good luck to you! Hope everything works out.

5. Definitely file a claim with the Post Office! You paid for insurance, and they have no proof that your package was delivered, they need to cough up the $$ for this nightmare. Just because their carrier says it was delivered doesn't make it so, and isn't what you paid for. You paid for proof, and they don't have that. File that claim and follow up.

6. Oh no, this is so terrible and I am so sorry for you! I really hope that your bag is found. If the bag is indeed lost, then the PO is totally responsible here! I agree, file whatever you can because you are not at fault here! Good luck, I really do hope that this all turns out well for you in the end.

7. The Post office has a scan on file showing who signed for the insured package, even though you cannot access this info yourself, as you can with signature confirmation. They can go to the back and print this out based on the insurance number.

8. Thanks everyone, for all your input. I'm filling out the forms as soon as possible and filing it on Wednesday with the PO. After all this is settled, I'm washing my hands of everything eBay and Paypal related. Happy New Year to one and all!:drinkup::drinks:

9. I think that depends on who it was misdelivered to (if it was); as we know, all too well, not everyone is honest. :nogood:

It probably was delivered to her, but it very well may not have been.

10. This is my dilemma.....if it was delivered to the wrong address (which I don't know), wouldn't the incorrect recipient bring it back to the PO? It's been over a month and a half and still no sign of it anywhere. I called her PO (which I don't understand why she's not doing it) and they don't have it, so where can it be? What would you all think? Possible Mail Fraud?

11. Yes, I kept all my reciepts, DC and insurance slip. Did you file a loss and Mail Fraud with the PO? I want my $$ back and some justice if she has my bag and her $$ back from Paypal! It's really eating at me and I can't let her get away with it if she is possibly swindling me. How did you know for sure if she was swindling you?

12. The thing is you DON'T know if the person is swindling you. This happened to me as well. I was out $650.00 Louis Vuitton bag. She got her refund, and I was out the bag. I did notice that my buyer purchased another same LV bag after receiving my refund. So ~ I do think she was on the up and up. BUT~ who really knows for sure?

I am so glad I only have one bag left to sell. Then I wash my hands of designer items..too much money at stake.

Good luck! I too filed with the postal inspectors ...NEVER heard anything. That was October 2007.

~Ghost

13. Thanks Ghost......at this point I just want my $$ back and to he@# with eBay & Paypal. I'm officially done with them.:tdown:

14. I'm now going to file a lost with the PO and hope that I can recover my $$ there since it was their fault that they didn't scan the insurance slip ( I couldn't prove who signed for it) and therefore lost the claim. I still feel in my heart that she is committing mail fraud because if the bag was delivered to the wrong address, wouldn't someone bring it back to the PO? I want to file a possible "mail fraud" with the Postal Inspectors but don't know for sure:confused1:.....please bounce some ideas off of me!:crybaby:TIA[/quote]
    I once purchased a Coach wristlet (which did not cost much - around $30.00), send a check to a seller and address on the check was old. The seller did not contact me (although I did send e-mail with new address) and when I contact him about the purchase and ask him what address did he use, he replied the check address. The seller asked me to investigate the matter. So I went to post office and asked them to check if the item was delivered. It was, it was signed. They did nothing to stop other person with different name from getting it. I asked the same question "Why the other person did not return the item?" They replied they can do nothing about it, as long as it was in theit box, it is theirs. Manager also told me the sender should file a claim. Because I've paid for insurance I asked seller to reimburse my money. During my trip to the post office I asked about insurance too and they told me it was delivery confirmation. I had plenty of transactions on ebay and a lot of times seller would charge a buyer insurance fee, keep it, and only buy delivery confirmation. I was in a good situation, after my claim with paypal he returned my money.

15. I once send item back to Israel in a certified mail and Indian lady at the counter did not scan it. So It got lost, I file the claim with post office, never heard from them and 2.5 months later item showed up in Israel. I went to the same post office there they claim certified mail are never lost and we could always track it and laugh at them. After that I avoid this lady as much as possible - she can make her own troubles by doing bad work as she did to me.
    The advice I've got from post office workers - it is hard to get money back even if you did everything properly. It is a little easier with ebay transaction because the transaction is written and you can justify the insurance amount and why you did send it to another place. Several of my packaged got lost going to Russia and when I first asked to file a claim, the very first question PO rep asked me do I have receipts with proof of purchase I had in the package? I was shocked because I was not collecting recepits for the package at that time and nobody mention it at the counter when you are paying for the package (PO rep just aske you do you want insurance?). But I've learned and now either keep receipts or don't insure it at all (Russian postal service cover some amount depending on the package weight).