I lost over 7 lbs in 26 hours!

1. Not really the most [FONT=&quot]convenient diet, but the end result is spectacular :yahoo:

Baby Rosaline Lenore was born on April 21, 2007 after 26 hours of labor :wtf:... This was my first baby, so I didn't really know what to expect, but it was not at all what I had imagined! I only had to push for about 15 to 20 minutes, so all in all it wasn't too bad. I did end up getting an epidural after the first 20 hours. The pain was not unbearable, but I was wearing myself out trying to cope with it, and DH and my midwife felt I would be too tired to actually deliver the baby if things went on as they were, so I get the epidural since it has less side effects for baby vs. narcotics. In most people's opinions it "didn't work" because I could still feel the contractions (and actually I did feel most of the actual birth) but that was what I wanted. I've heard horror stories where women were so oblivious to the pain and pressure that they just weren't able to feel enough to push the baby out and ended up with a c-section. I was thrilled that I got to feel the baby come out. It felt like I gave birth to sausage links.

Baby and I are doing fine. DH is home for another 2 weeks while everyone gets used to each other. I just finished a 2am feeding, so I thought I'd steal a few minutes to catch up on here. I know a few girls on here are also expecting soon, so I thought I'd share :smile:

OH... one thing about breastfeeding that no one told me that I think every woman should know (for some reason this was not mentioned in any class I took or book I read). When your milk "comes in" your boobs turn to stone. Seriously. I was certain I had some horrible infection till I googled my symptoms. Apparently if you don't breastfeed this lasts about 4-6 WEEKS :wtf:... if you do (like I am) this thankfully only lasts 24 to 48 hours.
    [/FONT]

Ros meets mommy.JPG
  2. HOORAY! Congrats on the new little one:yahoo:

Hey, getting an epidural is fine, no need to be a superwoman! Labor is exausting beyond your wildest dreams...

You're right, when your milk comes in it's like 2 rock hard footballs on your chest! However, it truly doesn't take 4-6 weeks for them to do down if you don't breastfeed.. I don't know what that article is talking about! I didn't breastfeed & the engorgement subsided within 4-5 days. Congrats on breastfeeding though! Rest & enjoy this new lifechanging little blessing~:smile:

3. Congratulations!!!
    Wow, it doesn't sound so bad after all. Good job too, cos mine is due in 6 weeks!

Congratulations again, you look very happy.

4. Congratulations! Enjoy your healthy baby and get lots of help from the hubby while you can.

5. Congratulations! :yahoo: She is precious!

6. Congrats, Rosaline is so cute and pretty and you look so happy!

7. She's PERFECT!!! Congrats:yahoo:

8. Congrats!! Enjoy her, the time goes by so fast...

9. Congratulations, she's beautiful.

10. Best Wishes! She's so adorable!

11. Congrats to you and your family on a beautiful new baby!

12. Congratulations! I applaud you for holding out so long with the epidural, but I'm sure it doesn't harm anything! Baby's headed for some great life lessons from such a brave Mama!

13. Congrats! Your baby is gorgous!

14. Congrats! How Precious! (and to think I almost didn't want to open this thread because I thought it was about some silly weight loss scam.....LOL).

15. Congratulations!! She's a beauty ;) Won't be too much longer until we have a 2nd addition to the PF family - I'm set to go any day now by the looks of things!! :smile:

This made me :roflmfao:. I'll let you know if I feel the same, lmao!