I Lost My Baby Today :(

KittyKat65

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
My baby, Dexter, a Burmese was only 12 months old, but stopped eating last Sunday. After days of tests and ultrasounds, the vets ruled out everything but FIP, which is the final diagnosis. We gave him subcutaneous fluids on a daily basis, steroids, anti-nausea meds, appetite stimulants, special food and nothing could make him eat. He slept under my chin all of last night and I knew I had to help him. He had lost 1.5lbs this week, and was only 7lbs to begin with and he was starting to get jaundiced, which suggested liver failure. I will miss him more than I have ever missed anyone or anything in my life. He was only with me for 10 months, but it was truly the best 10 months. He was the silliest, funniest, sweetest, snugglebug ever. RIP, Little Man

Attachments

• IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 467
It doesn't take long for them to become members of the family. I will be thinking of you today and of Dexter, happy and healthy running over the rainbow bridge. Take care from a puppy and kitty mummy that understands how they fix themselves to our hearts.

I am so very sorry. FIP is the worst. It took my soul-kitten at just six months, so I understand the heartbreak you will be going through. Sending you {{{hugs}}}
Play hard up at Rainbow Bridge, little Dexter.

I'm so sorry. An animal can capture our hearts as soon as they come in the door. One of our dogs was like that--we had him the briefest time but he'll always be in my heart. It sounds like Dexter will be in your heart forever. ((Hugs))