i lost $79 from paypal

1. i sale a wallet, buyer paid $79 to my paypal account.
    but paypal email to me, buyer 's card ...

EMAIL from paypal:
    We recently notified you that one of your buyers filed a chargeback stating
    unauthorized use of a credit card.
    It is PayPal's standard practice to dispute unwarranted chargebacks. Using
    the information you provided, we are in the process of disputing this
    chargeback with the buyer's card issuer.
    Because the card issuer has reversed this charge, PayPal is temporarily
    holding an amount equal to the disputed funds until this matter is
    resolved. If the card issuer decides the case in your favor, the funds will
    be available in your PayPal account.
    The credit card company has charged PayPal a settlement fee for this
    chargeback. In accordance with the terms of the PayPal User Agreement, we
    have debited your PayPal account to cover this fee.

the money already lost. and more than $10 fee .
    If i will lost the money?:shrugs:

2. OMG - i'm sorry to hear this has happened. I think Paypal just freeze the funds until everything has been resolved - so all is not lost, yet.

The buyer did a chargeback on you....for what reason? It's been known that buyers who have no intention of paying their seller use the chargeback method, just to cause a nuisance.:cursing:

The question is - have you sent out the item...? I hope not!

I hope this is resolved ASAP. Best of luck xxx

3. From the Paypal website:

When a seller receives funds through PayPal...if the buyer reverses a payment transaction with their debit or credit card issuer (for example, by filing a chargeback), a “Temporary Hold” will be placed on the funds.

In the case of a reversal/chargeback, PayPal will determine whether the reversal/chargeback can be disputed with the card-issuing bank. If PayPal disputes the reversal/chargeback, the “Temporary Hold” will continue until the dispute is decided by the applicable card company.

If the seller loses a Buyer Claim or a reversal/chargeback dispute and does not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy, the seller will owe PayPal for the amount of the reversed transaction. In the case of a reversal/chargeback, sellers who do not meet the requirements of the Seller Protection Policy will also owe a£7.00 GBP reversal/chargeback fee. PayPal will seek to recover the funds from sellers by debiting their PayPal balance. If there are not sufficient funds in the seller’s PayPal balance, sellers have a choice of reimbursing PayPal by funding their PayPal account or by other means as described in the Payments (Sending, Receiving, and Withdrawals) Policy.

If a reversal/chargeback dispute is won, the “Temporary Hold” will be lifted and the seller will be free to use those funds, but the seller will be charged the £7.00 GBP chargeback fee if the transaction does not qualify for Seller Protection.

4. If you haven't shipped the wallet yet, you're fine. Just don't ship it!

If you did, did you use delivery confirmation? If you didn't, I'm sorry to say that you will lose the claim. If you did and the DC# states that it's delivered you will probably win the claim. ALWAYS use delivery confirmation and make sure to use signature confirmation on all items over $250!

5. I agree with ohnoyoudidnt, however I use signature confirmation on EVERYTHING I send out, no matter what the final bid amount was. Delivery confirmation means only that the mailman will scan it when he/she puts the package in your mailbox. What if he delivers it to the wrong house or mailbox? It will only show it was delivered. But if signature confirmation is required and it is being attempted to be delivered and youre not home, you will have to go to the PO and pick it up with proper ID, etc. I think a few more cents when you ship for signature confirmation is worth it. Also, keep ALL of your receipts for at least a year. Buyers may have left you pos feedback, but I I have heard stories where they turned around and said they never received it 6 or 8 months later. Good recordkeeping is a must.