I just want to share that there is SERIOUSLY something wrong with me...

One thing....get that debtpaid off. Nothing, no bag, no scarf etc feels better than being debt free. While you are paying it off I would avoid Hermes shops and ebay until you are free. Once you have paid off your debt, make the resolution to not go looking until you have the money put away. I sound like you mother I know but I hate think of anyone going into debt for these bags. I LOVE Hermes but I love a bright financial future more.

Just become a Jeweler. I swear, I think I've made 200 pairs of diamond studs for local jewelers in the last couple months and I am literally diamond studded out.

So...is that the cure? To get a job at Hermes?! :graucho:

Ghost, I am an addictive personality too....so I empathize with ya girlfriend!:P

I avoided H cashmere scarves for years because I knew what would happen...then I bought one in September...and have bought 3 more since!! I know 3 isn't a lot, but cashmere ain't cheap either! And I can't stop thinking about them!! I troll eBay constantly looking and I have absolutely no BIN control! :sad: Ahhhhhh! Help me!!

I keep thinking that those 4 scarves would be 1/3 of a Birkin! :shame:

So, while I am desperate for a Birkin, I am very afraid... because I know what will happen.... :nuts: And looking at all of your fab bags doesn't help... :drool:

Oh Ghostie...

Please don't misunderstand me when I say this. If you (I mean, not YOU, Ghost, but anyone) come on this board and say "Oh there's a bag, I love it" there are going to be a bunch of people who say "It'll look gorgeous on you, BUY IT". Sometimes I find it funny, because the people who say it mayn't have seen the bag, and haven't seen you either to know if the bag will suit you or not, and most certainly don't know the status of your bank account.

...and it's awfully tempting to buy, open the box, and do a reveal, and everyone oohs and aahs over your item....and then what? Possibly a whopping credit card bill at the end of the month if you just got carried away - it's a short term high, and certainly not worth the grief that comes later unless you have the money, and can afford to spend it, and not need the money for anything else. And when you use it a few times the item becomes blah, and you want the high of buying something again.

I think I have PMS, which is why I wrote what I did, but it's honestly what I feel.

One thing....get that debtpaid off. Nothing, no bag, no scarf etc feels better than being debt free. While you are paying it off I would avoid Hermes shops and ebay until you are free. Once you have paid off your debt, make the resolution to not go looking until you have the money put away. I sound like you mother I know but I hate think of anyone going into debt for these bags. I LOVE Hermes but I love a bright financial future more.

Yes~ I agree. This is why I took it upon myself to get a PRN job. My DH did not ask or even approach me on it. This was my decision. The first bag I bought is paid for completly. I sold my LV collection and that money went to MS. BJ "H". Even steven..Second one is on my list to pay with my PRN position. Then I will start saving for any new purchases. I am good with this. Talking with all of you has helped me QUIT being so obsessive. I am glad I posted what was bothering me. I could never talk to DH about it as he would just not understand. His obsession costs less than mine..He is obsessed with balls (bball, golf, baseball, football etc..) I am due for a bigger raise next year as is DH. So~ That will be good as well. I also can't wait to have my car paid off. That will be a first! We have never had one paid off before. The future looks very bright indeed!:angel: I feel I am so blessed, 2 good jobs, 2 wonderful children and all of the support I recieve here on tPF!

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Preppy~ Thank you sweetie! I understand the shawl thing. I was joanzing for a wallet and decided against it. I just couldn't see spending the money on it right now. Not to mention that it too is a 1/3 of a kelly..Later maybe, but now..no. Another time and place in my life. I do have 2 wonderful bags to use and that is enough. I still may purge one other bag (LV) I have to help pay down some more. I don't use it enough to warrant keeping her I am afraid.

I am going to buy a Birkin one day...:graucho:

Merika~ I agree completely! Well said!

I MUST have an addictive personality. I have become obsessed lately with "H". Not that I have to have everything "H" or anything like that. I am obsessed with finding a good used "H" bag and then once I find one in a color I am interested in....I obsess about it. Then I don't sleep because I want to NOT pass up the deal. I pass on the deal because the funds are not here at the moment and then I STILL obsess about missing the deal. What the He*l is wrong with me? Why must I obsess in the first place? Especially since I know that I cannot purchase anything at the current time? How am I to fix this?

It could be anything--as others have said.

On the other hand, maybe its something about lack and supply. In other words, when something you lack, comes into supply, because you lack it and want it, and its suddenly in supply, maybe it causes you concern: will it ever be available again? what if it isn't? etc... and then you obsess...

Maybe you could take comfort in the idea that all the bags you ever want or could ever need ever are in supply at least for now, in virtual form.

Since you seem to change your mind about colors etc, its just as well that you aren't buying them right now....right?

Maybe if you focus on collecting the "idea" of the "available bag" instead of the actual thing, (just for now, I know the goal here is to get a bag), you can at least satisfy that collection urge until you get the funds together for your bag.

I take an enormous amount of pleasure in seeing everyone's reveals. I have a few bags, but I realize that when I look around at everyone else's bags, they all look fantastic and I want all of them. But I don't really....

Hope that this helps...

It could be anything--as others have said.

On the other hand, maybe its something about lack and supply. In other words, when something you lack, comes into supply, because you lack it and want it, and its suddenly in supply, maybe it causes you concern: will it ever be available again? what if it isn't? etc... and then you obsess...

Maybe you could take comfort in the idea that all the bags you ever want or could ever need ever are in supply at least for now, in virtual form.

Since you seem to change your mind about colors etc, its just as well that you aren't buying them right now....right?

Maybe if you focus on collecting the "idea" of the "available bag" instead of the actual thing, (just for now, I know the goal here is to get a bag), you can at least satisfy that collection urge until you get the funds together for your bag.

I take an enormous amount of pleasure in seeing everyone's reveals. I have a few bags, but I realize that when I look around at everyone else's bags, they all look fantastic and I want all of them. But I don't really....

Hope that this helps...

:yes::yes:That's how I feel too.

I love TPF because I can share the excitement/rush & gain brand knowledge without crowding my closet & living on Cup O' Noodles. :lol:

Possibly a whopping credit card bill at the end of the month if you just got carried away - it's a short term high, and certainly not worth the grief that comes later unless you have the money, and can afford to spend it, and not need the money for anything else.
The first bag I bought is paid for completly. I sold my LV collection and that money went to MS. BJ "H". Even steven. The future looks very bright indeed!:angel: I feel I am so blessed, 2 good jobs, 2 wonderful children and all of the support I recieve here on tPF!
...without crowding my closet & living on Cup O' Noodles.

Laboheme, Now that's funny! :lol: Cup O'Noodles...Reminds me of college! :throwup:

Ghost, That is awesome about your first Ms. Kelly...Yeah! Congrats! And you are blessed....and that's what's important! ;)

Merika, well said! :tup: I think you have just helped me let go of my cashmere obsession!! Well, what you said and the thought of eating Cup O'Noodles again! Phew! I was scared for a split second there! :wtf:

I think I am going to obsess about healthy living and going to the gym for 2008!! I'll just sweat away all those obsessive thoughts... :sweatdrop:

But, I still do want a Birkin... :graucho:

Atleast your smart enough to talk yourself out of actually making the purchase. I just keep buying and stuff sits in the closet and I'm like
"why did I buy this one, I never even carry it". Than I just keep carrying the 35 black togo and spend every day hunting for something else to buy. We all have the disease which is why we spend the time we aren't hunting on this forum trying to see if there is something else in another state.

Saligator~ I do enjoy the Hunt..that is for sure. Lack of supply and then seemingly I want it demand LOL! So true...

Lab~ Exactly, I am now for the time being living through everyone else! Wooo Hooo!:drool:

Preppy~ Love you! Seriously..I do :love::lol: I still want a birkin too:angel:

Rene~ That is excatly why I sold most of my bags and accessories. I was not using them and decided I needed to purge, and use what I truely must have and love.:heart:

Thank you all for being my support!
~Ghost

The best thing to do is to stay OFF the internet for a while. Avoid this forum and stay OFF ebay. It will be here when you come back and your bank account will thank you.

:lol:this is so true. last summer the kids & i went back to asia for 2 months and i only brought 2 bags with me. during the whole vacation i was pretty busy looking after the children (dh had to stay in canada to work), meeting relatives, etc that i didn't really had time to log onto tpf. and, the strange thing is that i felt really content with what i had. even when i went to the mall where all the luxury boutiques are located, i just browsed from the outside and didn't even feel the need to buy something:shrugs:.

Ghost, I have to share, how tempting it is to take
the credit card and just go for it. But unless, I could pay
off the balance in full the next month, I know it'd be a bad
idea to ruin my credit just to get my Bolide faster. I can keep
on saving and waiting. :smile:

So no, there's nothing wrong with you. :smile:
In the meantime, maybe you can buy a belt
or bracelet?

This is a very good comment. I have a problem with spending myself since I don´t make a lot of money actually. My taste is expensive but I´m also one of those girls who buy according to emotions "someone else will have it and I wil never get it if I don´t get it now!" "I deserver it (after a hard day, week, month etc)" " I´m feeling so bad that I have to have something to cheer me up". This is an aknowledged problem for me and this is why I´ve decided to try being on a ban for the whole of next year. I wish you could join me Ghost:tup:

This is a very good comment. I have a problem with spending myself since I don´t make a lot of money actually. My taste is expensive but I´m also one of those girls who buy according to emotions "someone else will have it and I wil never get it if I don´t get it now!" "I deserver it (after a hard day, week, month etc)" " I´m feeling so bad that I have to have something to cheer me up". This is an aknowledged problem for me and this is why I´ve decided to try being on a ban for the whole of next year. I wish you could join me Ghost:tup:

Nola~ I wish too..but I know that Ban's just don't work for me. I usually sell off a couple of things to fund another purchase. It is like "fun money" I also get a monthly allowance to spend. I am going to WAIT on a new bag. I am going to enjoy what bags I have, and hopefully sell the 2 Non 'H' as well. Then, there are no more bags to let go. I will be left with my 2 kelly's and my old trusty Mono LV speedy 25. She is my bad weather beat up bag, which I adore.
Good luck to you Nola! I back you up 100%!:tup:

I think my very thrifty upbringing makes me want to take advantage of ever deal. So if I see something on ebay and it is a deal, even if I don't need it, it becomes very tempting! ...it's like I don't want to miss out on a sale!