I just Read That B Bags Are An Investment Bag!!

1. I was in at Rite Aid the other night and was skimming through some magazines while I was waiting in line and read in one of them, I think it was in either US or Life and Style, that the Balenciaga city bag, along with the Hermes birkin and one of the Louis Vuitton bags are considered investment bags! I guess if anyone is worried about buying one for the first time because they think it is a trend that will not last, they have nothing to worry about! Just wanted to pass it along!:yahoo:

2. I love hearing about that considering I just spent $1600 on my first one!!! I hope to keep it FOREVER! :smile:

3. It's a ploy to get us to buy more ;) Think my DH agrees that it's an investment? :graucho:

4. Thank you. Many of us needed to hear that! :graucho:

5. Yeah, a bad investment. Lol. So does that mean we make money off of them when we sell? I have sold about 8 bags and maybe made money on...NONE of them. lol..but I still love them anyway.

6. A lot have us have known that through experience with resale over the last 2-3 years ;)

7. LOL!! I hear ya'!!

But since I know I paid well over retail for a couple of my 05s -- someone is making some money :police:

8. I guess.... depending on year/color, an older bag could be pretty valuable. But it's not like you can make that much of a profit... maybe 200 at most? In any case, I'd be willing to pay a lot for an RT or Blueberry Bbag. :p

9. Somehow I don't think my BF will be buying into this.......

10. Well recently i saw mini's on eBay trying to be sold for $800? Weren't they originally for around $600??

Anyway i was a bit shocked but happy to own one , lol.

11. I'm not sure that bags are good investments in generally, but some hold their value better than others. I think that a Bal in good condition can sell for a price close to its original retail, but it is a rare bag that sells for much above original retail.

12. I agree that we're not going to get rich reselling our bags, but BBags really do hold their value as opposed to the boatloads of Coach, Kate Spade, Fiore and others that I've sold recently (to make more room for Bals of course) for a fraction of what I paid!

13. The way I see it, "investment bags" are bags that you can buy that won't be out of style the next season or the next year. I feel it's similar to "classic bags." While you might not make any money off of selling one, you will get a good return on your investment if you carry your bag for several (or more) years.

14. Oh THANK GOD! Lol.

15. That's good to know & a good reason to not stop buying Bbags :yes: though my SO would beg to differ!!! :p