i just did something really really bad

wickedassin said:
You NEVER know where life will take you.... Although I've been "grounded" most of my life, it took me a little longer to figure out the career thing.

When I was 22, I'd finished college and was headed off to med school.

At 24, I left med school and didn't know what I was going to do with my life...

At 25, I was back in college, figuring out what I'd like to do.

At 28 I graduating from law school.

And now at 31, I've been practicing law for 3 years--and very happy with how it turned out. Just curious how the rest of my life turns out.

Tell me about it... I went into undergrad as a bio major, thinking I'll be going to med school afterwards. Few years after, I graduated from law school instead. And I STILL have no idea what happen... :lol:

thank you irissy.

i went to school thinking i would come out a graphic designer, but i couldn't deal with being super anal. i always loved photography ever since i was 14, so i took a lot of classes in that. graduated with a bachlor in arts. i still dabble in photography but mostly as a personal hobby. now i'm working in a huge corporation in finance. go figure.

but i'm looking maybe to go into wedding photography. documentary journalistic style.

fayden said:
but i'm looking maybe to go into wedding photography. documentary journalistic style.

My wedding pix are journalistic style and i love them...so natural and they actually tell a story. None of those stiff and awkward traditional poses that you normally see. The photograher's dad pioneered wedding photojournalism. His name was Stockwell. I wonder if his name rings a bell.

I have no clue how one goes about to establish a name in the wedding industry, but I wish you all the luck pursuing this dream. I know with the fees photographers charge, we'll be seeing alot more bags from you. :P

Happy Birthday Fayden :smile: .Oh to be 25 again,I wish :biggrin: you're still a babe in the woods of life.
It's funny how when we are young we pin a number on what's considered old.Heck when I was 18 I thought 21 was old till I got there:lol: .

BTW,every woman needs to treat herself with something on their special day,enjoy your new bag.

Happy Birthday!

Old, ha ha! Bad you are yep!!! No patience for most of us in the handbag purchase department but I am so glad you bought a present from you to you!

Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday and Congratulations!!

The best is yet to come...I'm in my late 30's and I've been having a much better time then when I was in my 20's (and I actually think I look better too!!). I spent my 20's worrying about what I'm going to do with my life and my 30's...living my life! It's much more fun that way. :amuse:

Happy Birthday!!

On a side note, I remember I was so depressed when I turned 25. All I could think of was that I was now in a different demographic group (no longer part of the 19-24). All my friends thought I was nuts because I could not stop obsessing over it.

Turning 30 though was a completely different story. I think having children made all the difference for me. I no longer cared about age, rather focusing on my kids. Now as 34 looms around the corner (eeks!) I am trying my best to embrace aging and doing it as gracefully as I can. :amuse:

25 is so not old! and this comes from a 20-year-old. i can't wait to be 25, so enjoy it!

and enjoy your freakin spy hobo because I WANT ONE SO BAD. i will live vicariously through you (until i can find a white one)!!!

fayden said:
wow, so maybe the 30s isn't that bad. when you guys were 25, did you have expectations to what your life would be like at the age of 30? and when you turned 30 was it what you expected? more or less?

i guess i'm at that point where i'm working at a job, but i'm not sure if i want to be doing this sort of thing for the next 40 years. and i'm hoping by the time i'm 30 i'll have this all figured out. but at the rate the years are flying by, i'm not so sure i won't be in the same situation as i am NOW.

depressing...

Don't be depressed! You're young, hot, stylish, and getting the gorgeous hologram hobo! You brat! I'm so jealous!!!!!

25 is not OLD! You just made a lot of us feel old, fayden! But do enjoy these few years before your hit 30! It's going to go real fast from now on.

Don't celebrate it alone, have fun with your friends!