I just bought my first Chanel :) GST with Gold! I have a question though.

1. I just bought it today and I have been playing around with it at home. I really love it but I am concerned on one thing which may be a reason I may not keep it. The bag seems rather stiff and I am used to bags that are extremely relaxed. My SA did say that it would loosen up a bit the more I used it. Is that true? I just wanna make sure it won't be AS stiff in time as it is right now. Obviously I know it's a structured bag, but you know what I mean ;)

Thanks for your input!

2. the leather will soften a bit, but it'll never slouch.

3. Congrats! I think you'll get used to the "structured-ness" of the bag in time. Do you have any pics to share?

4. Yeah, you'll get used to it. And it wouldn't look as good if it wasn't "structured" looking I think.

5. yea, def looks better structured but Swanky is right, leather will soften but not enough to slouch.

6. Congrats!!!!

7. Its a structured bag, so it may soften, but it will never be like your bbags.

8. I thought the same thing with mine when I have it on my shoulder and put my arm down it feels kind of weird, but I wore it around and figured it was too darn good looking to worry! lol

9. It is structured but mine has softened up really nicely. It is just too gorgeous to care.

10. Congrats!! Post some pics!

11. Congrats, Yes the leather does soften a fair bit. My friend has had hers for over 2 months and has really abused it her 2 year old has even sat on her bag and she carries a ton of stuff in it. It has really softened the bags at the corners and the bottom of her bag has started to slouch a little. I have to admit the caviar is very durable though and there is not a single scratch on the leather.

12. Thanks you guys! I really love it but I am not sure I am gonna keep it. I keep thinking I may want the Jumbo flap even though $2200 for a bag is very expensive for me or I should maybe try the Rock vinyl bag which I love but I'm worried will A: Go out of style sooner than later and B: Not hold up well and be easily rippable.

Oh decisions decisions hehe.

13. Yeah, the vinyl does nothing for me - it is cool to look at but not to actually spend the $$$$ on. It is all a personal preference...but the GST is a great bag and and I'm sure you would like the jumbo......so good luck on your decision.

14. I love Balenciaga, too, and just bought my first Chanel. I got the black jumbo classic flap in distressed lambskin w/mm lock. You should look at the lambskin Chanels, especially distressed, as the leather will remind you more of the softer leather on Balenciaga bags. Good luck, let us know what you end up deciding on!

15. Ohhh so how is the Jumbo flap? Is it big enough to put a lot of things in? I like big purses. I was told the lambskin gets scratched really easily, even though it's beautiful.