I haven't slept in a week - coughing like crazy all nite!!!!

1. About 2 weeks ago I caught a little cold from my boss. No biggy. For the last week and a half I've been having coughing fits that keep me up most of the nite. My boss and his wife have the same thing, otherwise I would think I had black lung disease or something. I've taken tons of coedine cough syrup leftover from 6 months ago but it hasn't helped much. Finally, going to the doc today. I am an ornery mother-f*cker!!! Just need to vent. I really am soo tired I just want to cry! Having trouble functioning and being nice to anyone!
  2. Sorry to hear about that shushopn. I've been through that and is sucks! The only thing that helped me was to sleep sitting up while constantly keeping a sucret(?) in my mouth. Hope you feel better soon, I know I'm not much help. Maybe try honey?
  3. aww man! Sorry to hear that! I hate a nagging cough! That nasty little bug invaded our house for a couple of weeks, barely any other symptoms, just a dry itchy cough. A steroid will probably really help:yes:
    Hope you feel batter soon Shu:flowers:
  4. Good to know I'm not the only one. I never cough but lately I've been coughing all the time. Same thing dry itchy cough. Ugh, it's so irritating.
  5. Yikes!! I hate that. drink plenty of fluids, like hot tea especially. and tell us what the doctor says!! :flowers:
  6. I feel for you. When I was lil I had a weird disease which made me coughing all the times. Can't be too tired, can't be too sweaty, can't be hungry, otherwise I'll start coughing for like hours. I can hear my breathing going "ngik ngok" (LOL) and it used to drove me crazy!
  7. Went to the doc and I have bronchitis. I'm on a steroid inhaler (don't do well w/ oral steriods) and antibiotic and more coedine cough syrup. Tried to take a nap and coughed through most of it. Have my kids winter concert tonite - my under eye bags will look fabulous LOl!
  8. Ugh, I had that bug too a few weeks ago, and NyQuil (sp?) really helped. I take NyQuil anytime I feel like I have a cold and it really gets me a pretty good night's sleep. Strangely enough though, DayQuil does nothing for me. :shrugs:
  9. Aww honey, I'm sorry... lots of healing thoughts headed your way!

Tea with honey. Can't hurt!
  10. I just got over a similar thing, I coughed all day and all night, sitting up, laying down I could not stop. The only thing that helped me was Vicks rubbed all over my neck and chest (sticky, smelly but it worked!) and Robitussion DM.
    I was up all night for a week until I tried this combo, it worked and I was able to get some sleep....hope you feel better soon!
  11. VICKS! I totally forgot about the Vicks!

Yes, Vicks is great... even better if you lay a warmed towel on your chest too.
  12. believe it or not...I found a great OTC cough med called "Delsym". I take twice the dose and chase it with a bit of honey and works wonders on those nasty coughs that keep you awake at night. Give it a try..sweet dreams.
  13. So sorry to hear you have this, shushopn! Those coughs that keep you from sleeping are awful!! I hope you are feeling better really soon!!
  14. awww that sucks! feel better soon!
  15. I know this is going to sound very basic and probably doesn't sound effective....but:

Dissolve an aspirin in a half a glass of fairly hot water (assuming you have no allergies to aspirin) and gargle with it. I know it sounds disgusting, but it's not that bad! After you have gargled the glass, then swallow two tablespoons of honey. For those horrible dry coughs, it ususally works at treat. The aspirin acts as an anti-inflamatory for the throat and the honey coats and soothes the throat long enough to get you off to sleep.

Hope you are feeling better Shu:flowers: