I haven't gotten to this point yet but....

?

How do you feed you addiction?

1. I just put it on plastic and worry later, it always works out.

2. I can support my habit w/o any problems. I just buy it, no worries here.

3. I get a lot of my Coach as gifts, my family and friends all know about my habit.

4. I trade a lot of purses (and/or other things) to get what I want.

5. I sell a few older ones that I don't use to keep feeding my need for new Coach.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I love spring time at coach and divalicioust got me thinking with her question http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/which-coach-bag-would-you-never-part-with-246202.html

With all the new fun stuff coming out. How do you keep up? I hear stories of some ladies selling other purses, just putting it all on a credit card, asking for gifts. I was just curious to see how we as women, manage our coach addictions....or do our addictions manage us???:wtf: At this point, I am safely feeding my Coach needs w/o going into debt, but I can see how easy it would be.

2. I usually don't buy if I don't have the extra cash.

3. Same here.. if I don't have an extra budget for it.. I won't buy it :biggrin:

4. I don't have any more credit cards.

When I buy I use my debit card or cash!

5. debit card or cash... credit cards are the devil!!!

6. In the past I have put them on a credit card but I have always sold off/returned another bag to get that bag. I have never wanted a huge collection and can only wear one at a time anyway. Plus for me it bothers me to look at a few bags and think of all the money sitting there.. but that's just me. :p I have totally pulled in my addiction.. and yes it was controlling me for a while.. even with selling/returning it was not good.. it was obsessive and always out on the prowl for the next best thing, or the next best thing found me first. :rolleyes: Now I have stopped all that, sold the others, I have 3 bags that I love and a Coach credit for $425 that I have been saving for a couple of weeks and will be saving until March when we go to California so I can go to the outlets/store and get something fun if I want to. :tup:

7. The credit cards have taken over my life! lol But now I am cutting down and paying them ALL off, once and for all. I mean it! lol

8. I agree with all of you - but you never know....sometimes a passion can lead u down the wrong path. The temptation can be hard for some people to avoid. Thanks for putting up your opinions - I love to hear them

9. I use my credit or debit card and just pay it off monthly. :tup:

10. COngrats to taking your life back - Great Job!!!:woohoo:

11. WOW - You are doing really well if you can hang onto that credit. I know what you mean about looking at the bags and seeing money. I do that with my hubby's pool table. One day I am gonna cash that sucker in:graucho:

12. I put some purchases on my card and some I just buy... but sometimes its SO hard and addicting! :yahoo: But I have tried to sell some bags that I might not use as often and put it towards new purchases!

13. I would like to add though that I can support my habit to a certain extent. I do most of my shopping at outlets or eBay. I never buy bags at retail, but I am going to soon as I love Carly.

14. Usually, I just get what I want with no trouble (either I buy it or my mom buys it for me...and soon, my boyfriend will probably start buying me things as gifts).

I have obsessive compulsive disorder, and one of my issues with that is that I hoard. I don't hoard in the packrat sense but I do hoard in the collecting sense. When I was a little kid, I hoarded pogs, beanie babies, and Pokemon cards. When I got into my teens, I began hoarding designer bags and joined tPF. Luckily, I stopped seeing bags I really liked and stopped hoarding for a while (during that time, I also stopped going to tPF). Now, I hoard money and because of this, have found myself willing to sell some of my bags, but I know that the money hoarding is just in preparation for more handbag hoarding. When I realized I had a nice amount of money saved up, I came back to tPF and began having small breakdowns and crying because so many other people had TONS of Chanels and stuff and I didn't have any, and also because everyone had been having so much fun collecting during the time that my handbag hoarding had stopped. I suppose I had better get back to hoarding bags.:s

For me, buying purses is not an addiction, it's an obsession and a compulsion and there's not much I can do about it:shrugs:

I don't think I'll wind up in debt or anything because a)I don't have credit cards, b)I find myself willing to sell bags, and c)Simultaneously hoarding money and handbags should even out somehow:shrugs:

Sooooo long story short, I have issues, and obsessions and compulsions make me buy bags (and I buy them with no problem) and have also caused me to find a few to sell so I have money for more...so it's a little bit of two options:upsidedown:

15. Usually, I just get what I want with no trouble (either I buy it or my mom buys it for me...and soon, my boyfriend will probably start buying me things as gifts).

I have obsessive compulsive disorder, and one of my issues with that is that I hoard. I don't hoard in the packrat sense but I do hoard in the collecting sense.

Northernbelle - 1st - Thanks so much for being honest and sharing your story. That has to be tough. I have to say that none of us are issue free so don't worry about that one bit. :p An 2nd, I have to commend u on being able to put it into words and realize what u are working thru.

I can imagine it feels a bit uncontrollable at times. If it isnt one thing u hoard - it will easily be another. I sure wish u the best and it seems as if you are dealing with it well - "I don't think I'll wind up in debt or anything because a)I don't have credit cards, b)I find myself willing to sell bags, and c)Simultaneously hoarding money and handbags should even out somehow".

lots of hugs to u :heart::heart: