I have the worst luck. WASH ME

1. I have the worst luck. My favorite purse might be ruined. I stored it in my closet in my new york city apt and there was a plumbing disaster. A pipe broke in the building and water seeped in and drenched my clothes, shoes, and purses in nasty brown water. Can someone tell me how to clean my purse? I don't trust the drycleaners and my MJ purse smells like damp dirty socks. Please help. Can I hand wash it and then put it in the dryer at low heat? What do I do? Thanks for you help.:hysteric:

2. If the pipe broke in the building might they be liable for some type of reimbursement for your damaged things? Do you have renters insurance?
    I would look in to it. To me it sounds like it is ruined. I would not put it in the was and dryer. I don't think a dry cleaner could help--water damage like that leads to mold and mildew and you can't wet it more and I would think the smell is enough to make one sick.

3. God only knows what is in that water. I would trash it and try to collect on your apt insurance or the building's insurance.

4. I'm sorry that happened to you! I would try contacting Barbara at Lovinmybags and see if she thinks the bags can be saved. Good luck!

http://www.lovinmybags.com/

5. what type of material is the bag? leather?

6. ugh. that's the part of nyc i DON'T miss. old apartments with things that break all the time :/ good luck fixing up your purse!

7. I agree, with leather you have to be very careful and it stains so easily. I would collect from my renters insurance. If an issue occurred with the building and ruined your items you can collect $ and replace the items. I would not wash/dry or add more water to the bag. Let us know what happens. Good luck!