I have bags I love ... but have never used.

If you don't want to do ebay (I myself am afraid to sell there) why not consign? You won't get the full price, only a percentage, but that's something. Better some $$ than sitting in the closet forever. I have used Ann's Fabulous Finds many times, as have other tpfers. There are other rfeputable consignments too, maybe others can add them here.

I do this too...and the more expensive the purse, the bigger the mental hurdle I have to go over in order to actually use them. You should see my closet. My friends and family (and especially my DH) think I am absolutely nuts...but it is what it is! And I love spending a weekend afternoon taking them all out and admiring them!

I have a really serious 'stuff' problem that I don't have the room for, but Ebay is not solution to everything. Most buyers on eBay want things really cheap, especially if it not new with tags, want to be able to return it, etc. I have sold all kinds of things on eBay and while it isn't all that hard, it is a lot of work.

If I have a nice bag I don't use, I would rather give it to someone who will love it (I have several such friends!) than try and sell it for some paltry sum on eBay. Of course I have friends who ask me to leave them things in my will, and the things are not that exotic!

Oh hunnie! You are not alone! I have my beloved Matinee that I still have not used (out of fear that it will be/is a trendy bag that must be sold) but even so, I still like going over to it and petting it and looking at the yumm-O leather. In the end, the Matinee stays put!

I just went through my closet and gave my daughter all the bags I don't use anymore...Dooney, Coach, etc. I hated to see them going to waste and she loves them (she's 15). Some of them...she didn't want. I will try to sell them or give them to a friend.

I also have quite a few bags that I have bought this past year that still have the tags on them. I am going to force myself to break them out soon.

i don't think i could ebay any of my bags... i might feel sad to part with them. I usually make my husband get rid of his old things to make room for my stuff :yes:

none of my bags still have tags but all of them.. actually, all new bags, shoes, clothes, and jewlery stay in the shopping bag for a few days. i just take it out to look at it and when i'm used to it than it gets to go outside... humm now that i've written it out... i sound a little crazy- i'm really not! :girlsigh:

I have sold all kinds of things on eBay and while it isn't all that hard, it is a lot of work.

If I have a nice bag I don't use, I would rather give it to someone who will love it (I have several such friends!) than try and sell it for some paltry sum on eBay.

ITA. If I don't consistently use a bag for 6 months (or, in some cases, if I haven't used it at all), it's time to go. I'll eBay the ones I think I can get enough $ for to make it worthwhile, and the rest I'll donate or give away.

I have yet to meet a bag that I just love to have without using often!

I haven't bought so many bags until I've joined tpf!! And it was after I became jobless! So I haven't have the occasions to use the bags that I've bought. Anyway, this is pretty lame excuse coz I've been collecting bags or rather collecting dust on my bags, LOL! In the end, when I don't feel the love of some bags, I'll try to sell them away. If they are still not being sold, I'll give away. But so far those bags are pretty cheap and most of them have gotten mildrew and other stains from storage so they are not in pristine condition for sale. Yup, I agree with some that I rather give them away to those who might use the bags rather than getting some paltry sum of $$$ from the auction. And it's such a pain to try to monitor those auctions too. Boy, I better get a job asap so that I can use those bags otherwise, I know myself that I probably won't be using them again.

I bought a white LV Suhali Le Talentueux last year and have carried it -once-. And even then, I had to force myself. I love the bag but it's just not me... I look at everything else I have and see myself in all of them, and this one just looks like someone else's bag.

I tell myself it's a classic and it's the only white bag I have and that I'm sure I'll use it -eventually-, but it kills me that I bought it from eLuxury and will never get back what I paid for it and so I feel kind of stuck with it.

I guess as regrettable and excessive purchases go, I could have done a lot worse, but still.

LOL i am the exact opposite of this...once i get something new, i HAVE to use it ASAP. sometimes ill only use it once, but there is nothing in my closet with the tags still on

OMG! I do the SAME thing! I have to wear it that same week or it bugs me! I feel like its a waste of $$$

But, I do have this pink & cream furla bag that I've only worn once that I love & admire too much to sell! Its hanging on my wall by my lightswitch, so I see it before I go to bed every night and when I wake up in the morning... but I never wear it! Shame on me

Do you ever change yuor mind when you are ebaying something? I will take great photos of a bag and crop them all nice and then I start falling in love with the ag I am selling even though I never use it!! Some bags are just good in *theory* I guess... hehe

I do this too...and the more expensive the purse, the bigger the mental hurdle I have to go over in order to actually use them. You should see my closet. My friends and family (and especially my DH) think I am absolutely nuts...but it is what it is! And I love spending a weekend afternoon taking them all out and admiring them!

LOL. Me too! I am always afraid to take out my more expensive bags. God forbid I wear it out and someone spills something on it!