I Have A Question About The Vintage Leather

1. Coach makes a vintage leather Ergo tote and hobo. Is the vintage leather on these bags the same type of leather used on the Legacy bags? :confused1: Thanks!

2. They can call it whatever they want, but it's just not the same. I can tell you that when I handle the Ergos the vintage leather doesn't feel the same to me, either. Not as heavy. I've tried to like the Ergo and just can't seem to fall in love with it.

As for facts--What they're calling vintage leather on the Ergo is a lot lighter and less supple than the vintage Legacy leather. Which makes sense when you think about it, because the Legacy leather is supposed to be heavier, thick and supple, while the Ergo is supposed to be lightweight and ergonomical.

3. Thanks Sarah! The store by me doesn't have any of the Ergo vintage in stock so I was curious if there was a difference.

4. No problem!

5. I have the vintage ergo hobo and a couple of legacy leather bags. They're both vachetta leather and feel pretty similar to me. I think a lot of the weight has to do with the hardware used on legacy vs. ergo bags. The ergo style is much more minimal in terms of hardware.

Here are few pics. I will say that scratches rub out with my finger on my new ergo hobo the same way they do on my Ali and Slim tote...

Hope this helps! :p

slimtote1 (Small).JPG ergo1 (Large).JPG ergo3 (Large).JPG
  6. Oh GOD that hobo is yummy. I'm DYING waiting for mine in the mail! Just a few more days, Candy!!!! >_<

7. They're both SO pretty, TejasMama!! My slim tote is on its way...I can hardly wait!

8. Candy--this ergo tote is so amazing! I can't wait until you get yours.

Twosirius--the legacy slim tote is one of the most gorgeous totes Coach has EVER made, and I know you'll fall in love with it.

Now, will people look at me funny if I carry them both at the same time?:nuts:

9. :drool:*makes out with Vintage leather hobo*

10. I don't know that the Legacy and the Vachetta Vintage Leather are the same but they are types of vintage leather. I love the Vachetta. It patinas with wear and just seems to get more beautiful. The scratches do come out with the oils on your hand. The Ergos have less hardware than the Legacy bags so maybe that is why they are lighter. I don't know but I am lovin my Vintage leather bags alot. They totally Rock.

11. Does The Large Hobo Stay On Your Shoulder Or Does It Slip Off?

12. I don't find that the hobo slips off my shoulder but I do carry it fully loaded. That might be why it stays on my shoulder. I also don't have drooping shoulders at all.

13. One of the things I love is that this bag really stays on my shoulder...I even took my twin boys with me to 'test' the bag, and I was able to keep up with them and keep the bag on my shoulder..very important in my daily life!

Hope that helps!