I hate snooty SAs, think they are all that.

I've gotten that treatment over the phone at a gucci store and i just went in told my SA about the incident and then he got the manager to talk to me na dthey apologized for it and said that it is greatly appreciated when customers like myself inform them about there employess behavior. so long story short..I think you should go in and talk to manager...

Forgive me for chiming in again guys but like probably many of you I worked retail in my younger years. I think I might know why some of these people are a little over-enthusiastic about following someone around. I remember a security expert gave us a seminar about shoplifters. That was 20 years ago. I can only imagine that the problem has only gotten worse. The best thing to do when someone is following you around is to look them straight in the eyes and smile. They are trained that if someone won't look at them, they are up to no good. BUT - still no excuse for rudeness!

i totally know what u mean... my college is downtown, and my classes are in the mornings, so usually, after lunch, i do my shopping/window shopping..so really, i would not be dressed up. and when i go into holt's, NOBODY would even look my direction and sometimes i even have to approach and poke SAs on the shoulder to ask about something.... :evil:
funny thing is.. there's this particularly rude one who laughed at me while i was talking to another SA about the ice blue b bag.. who recognised me the next time when i was properly dressed, and was falling all over me, asking me questions about myself and wouldnt leave me alone until i turned around and said to her face "excuse me, can you please just leave me alone for 5 minutes?!". :lol: the other SAs were crackin' up...

Don't feel bad, I have a friend who is a 40 year old attorney and hates the Lancome counter at Dillards, because the girls are snooty. Whenever they act that way with me, I always think how much can they possibly make at their jobs that they are looking down at me? You don't have to be a brainiac to work those jobs, you just have to have the "look" that the company wants or know someone.
I just ignore it and move on with my shopping. They don't follow me around, but they are sometimes still snooty.
I don't know what they expect, should we all get out our fur coats and Manolo's just to go shopping?

fendigal said:
I don't know what they expect, should we all get out our fur coats and Manolo's just to go shopping?

Agreed!! I find that I do my best shopping in sweatpants, a tank top and flip flops. I can try clothing on easier and I don't have to worry about messing up my hair so I wear it in a ponytail.

lol... similar story... I was in Saks tonight looking to see if they had any MJ bags in the blush patent. When the SA approached me, I asked if she had seen any. She said she hadn't, and that she didn't think they came in pink this season. I told her I knew they did- I had seen them online at Neimans and Elux. She just stood there looking at me. I said, "well, I guess only *certain* stores are getting it. Thank you!" She just watched me go... :smile:

Sadly, I may know just as much about Fendi as the purse guy at NM. He couldn't produce a pink vanity bag even when he looked through the ridiculously small catalog he had. He told me I might have to go to NYC.
I now have one in pink(aka rose) and another in a light grey. Too bad they don't pay more at NM. I might be a better SA in the Fendi section.

I don't get it. My business = SA paycheck. It seems some SAs don't always get that. Maybe some just don't care. I'm sure if boutique managers got enough complaints something would be done. I'm not saying pitch a fit in the store, but perhaps drop a note to the manager. I worked retail while I was in college. It was a natural expectation to be pleasant and helpful to all customers. Sorry to hear your story though.

I agree with the members that say that you should report that SA, because she had no right to treat you like that. I mean they are the ones that are getting pay!
That happened to me too when I went to Neimans. I am hispanic, and I was wearing some black slacks, a white shirt, and a Cardigan, the SA's did not even bother to look at me! Then I went to ask her a question, and she responded very rudely. I was pissed, so after I payed for my things, I went to talk to the Manager, he did apologize, but you know it is not the same.

lmpsola said:
I agree with the members that say that you should report that SA, because she had no right to treat you like that. I mean they are the ones that are getting pay!
That happened to me too when I went to Neimans. I am hispanic, and I was wearing some black slacks, a white shirt, and a Cardigan, the SA's did not even bother to look at me! Then I went to ask her a question, and she responded very rudely. I was pissed, so after I payed for my things, I went to talk to the Manager, he did apologize, but you know it is not the same.
well don't think he didn't rip her a new one when you left.

I think the worse expericence I had was iN Beverly Hill Barneys. They are so uppity. I know I looked all FOB and I didn't want to dress up but I had the money and I could pay. Anyways my girlfriend and I had jump in front of a sales person to get some help. Then I had to practically run out naked to get a diffrerent size. I the hotel business they have a company that checks up on the service level. They should do the same in retail. Imagine how much $$$ they lose with a bad SA

When you get your bordeaux box from bluefly, be sure to walk back into that same store and shove that box up her ass! :evil: I hate rude SAs!