I hate looking for a job

1. AAArrrrghhh!! I hate, hate, hate looking for a job! :hysteric: You would think that I wouldn't have a problem looking for a job since I'm a nurse...I'm so stressed out. Tomorrow it will be two weeks since we went on strike, and I only went to work one day with the agency I signed up with. I think I'm going to have to look into a nursing home since it's the fastest way to get a job (so I hear from my co-workers). I'm going from taking care of premature babies to geriatrics. yuck. AAHHH...I'm so stressed out. Why couldn't this happen last year, when I was only paying rent, no car payments, no insurance payments??? Now, I'm living by myself with a mortgage payment, a huge car payment, insurance, and all my other bills. I'm so sorry because I feel like I'm whining, but I'm getting more and more stressed as each day passes and we're still on strike....

And to top it off, my ferret died early yesterday. He wasn't doing well anyway, it was just time for him to go...I took him to be cremated today. =(

2. OMG..Im so sorry!!!
    PHH is miserable with out his normal nurses if it makes ya feel better!!!!!!The agency ones dont know SQUAT where everything is and how things run..Hopefully itll be over soon!!!Did you look at OTHER agencies??

3. so sorry to hear all the difficulties you are experiencing right now, but you will get through it.. looking for a job is not fun and easy, but with your skills, you will find one... just hang in there... and regarding your pet, i am pretty sure that he enjoyed the time spent with you..

4. yah i looked into other agencies. the problem is that most hospitals require you to have a hospital orientation first...so i have to wait until i actually have the orientation. i think the next one around here is on sept 19. there's one hospital that doesn't require hospital orientation, but their census is so low...i've been canceled twice this week already, and once last week. i asked the agency if they have contracts with hospitals in south jersey because i can just stay at my parents' house while i'm working there.

you're right, those agency nurses don't know sh** about how things are run over there. i've spoken to some of the parents of our babies and they've said that the nurses had to ask them how to run the feeding pumps! how do you ask a parent to use the equipment? i feel sorry for those poor families in there. and the hospital still doesn't want to negotiate. ah, i hope it ends soon...

5. I'm currently in between jobs and I hate looking for a job too! :yucky: It is sooo tediousss with all the follow ups, calls, etc. that need to be made.

6. Good luck with your job search. I am in the same boat myself. Very tiring, going to 8 am and 6 pm interviews almost everyday =(
    It has only been a little over a week, I am tired already.
    Weekends spend researching.. Good luck with it, I hope u find something u like.

7. I'm currently in the process too. :yes: Good luck! :flowers:

8. good luck to all of you searching!

9. Good luck Michelle. I really do hope you find something soon. Hopefully you won't have to go to a nursing home. Maybe substitute school nurse or infant home care?

I'm sorry to hear about your pet. I remember you talked about him in a thread awhile back. I know today is going to be a hard day.

I hope things turn around soon. Let us know how you're doing.

10. Bah, I feel your pain. I'm finally on my own for a year now and I rented this apartment just for work and they cut my hours for the past 2-3 months. I was earning just rnough to cover rent and expenses. Not fun at all. Take what you have right now and once you have a job, you can always look for a better one. The important thing is to get some money in so you won't get behind on any of the bills.

11. I'm sorry you are forced to go through this, I hate job hunting too! I can't believe they haven't settled this strike already! Good luck finding a new job and I'm sorry to hear about your ferret.

12. hugs i don't think anyone enjoys looking for a job

13. Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know, bad things always happen all at once with me too...I'm sorry about your ferret :crybaby: .

Full-time job hunting sucks. :yucky: I guess it helps to keep in mind that each day will bring you one day closer to your next job. Take care of yourself and reach out for support...this was a lifesaver for me.

Please keep us posted! :flowers:

14. Sorry to hear about your ferret. Good luck in your hunt for a job!

15. Wish me luck...I have an interview today at 1pm for a per diem position. It won't help during the strike because the next orientation date is 10/9, but that's ok. If I get it, at least I'll be able to pick up some extra time on my days off from my regular job. Hopefully our strike will be over before 10/9.