I had a weird day... sad news/happy news

1. I had a really weird day. I got some sad news, some awesome happy news.

First thing this morning I find out my uncle died yesterday. He was a twin, my dad’s brother and one of 7. It was also his birthday day before yesterday. They apparently do not know what killed him. They are doing an autopsy of him and I suppose we will find out soon, he supposedly just collapsed and died.

Then later on in the after I get a call from my brother to tell me that my cousin and fiancé are expecting their first, W:huh:h:huh:. She is apparently only about 1 month or so along so I am praying for her. I'm going to be an auntie!

Later on I go to the doctors and I thought I had just a bad sore throat and an ugly lump on my neck which I though was just a really swollen lymph node, also having some hot flushes, general tiredness and headaches/earaches... Now I have to go have my thyroid ultra sounded. Argh, I don't even really know what a thyroid is.
  2. So sorry about your uncle!! And congrats on becoming an auntie. I hopre everything is OK with your thyroid(hormone).
  3. I'm so sorry about this... Hope you're ok.. Have a nice day!
  4. hey so sorry to hear about your uncle. must be hard for your dad since it's his twin and it comes unexpected. *hugs*

thyroid is a gland that helps to regulate certain hormones. if it's not functioning correctly, the most common conditions are hypo or hyper thyroidism. problems that arise depending on which condition it is can include weight gain/loss, depression, etc.

You can check out wikipedia for alot more info

hope your scan goes ok and it's just a severe sore throat. let us know how you're doing!
  5. So sorry to hear about your uncle. HUGS to you and your family.

Congrats on becomming an aunt! That's awesome.

Try not to worry too much about the thyroid - I have an issue with mine (a goiter) and it really doesn't affect me too much, although they'll have to monitor it b/c at a point, I can develop hyper-thyroidism. Also, if they say they see nodules on it, don't freak - I have those too and they're common and don't do anything (not trying to scare you, but I was freaked when they first told me that until they explained that they don't affect anything).
  6. HUGS we all have days like that which sucks