I GOTTA try that!

1. Have you ever read about something in a book and just want to go out and try it? I don't mean recipes, I mean food mentioned in a story or a movie.

I remember reading a story about Lola Montez (the inspiration for the song, "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets.") She had an affair with a French noble and it was right around the time of student rebellions. To mock the poor students, she would stand on her balcony nibbling marzipan and sipping champagne. (Then they got pissed off and threw rocks through her window.)

After reading that I remember really wanting to try marzipan and I absolutely love it!

I tried Turkish Delight after remembering it being mentioned in The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Um . . . not a big fan. I like the jelly pieces in it, but that white stuff surrounding it, ugh. And while I like the taste of powdered sugar, I hate dealing with it because it gets over EVERYTHING. If you're not careful you'd wind up looking like you just got finished doing a line of coke.
    (If I want something like THAT again, I'll just get Brach's jelly nougat bites. I like those better.)
  2. This happens to me all the time. One I really ended up liking is open-faced grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches with garlic salt.
  3. OMG YES - I ALWAYS since I was a child wanted to try "Turkish Delight" after reading The Lion the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I read it again for childrens literature a year or so again and was reminded of how badly my psyche craved that! Hahaha

Another thing I always wanted to try is quail after watching/reading the scene in Como Agua Para Chocolate (Like water for chocolate) where the girl is making the quail with rose petals - it looks so amazing!