I got the job!!!

1. A while back I decided that I did not want to practice law anymore. I have been working in Intellectual Property law since my second year of law school, and hating it the whole time. The only enjoyable job I had was as a clerk/intern for the Public Defender's Office. So I started teaching on the college/university level and working on my Master's degree (which I will finish in December). I left my firm in June of this year, and took the summer off...teaching only one class. Well, a couple of weeks ago a really great law job opened up, and I applied for it within minutes of seeing the posting...it is a "public interest" type job with a lot of "helping people" instead of a lot of "pay"...and I found out today that I got the job. Hubby and I had talked about it and I said I would not take another law job unless it was something worthwhile that I could love! I am so excited! Just thought I would share. And now I will have some disposable income again! :yahoo:

2. congrats on your new job, ET! i hope i'll get a job that i enjoy too!

3. Congratulations, Etenebris! Having a job you love will make getting ready for work so much easier :yes: ! Will you be buying a bag to celebrate?

4. Congrats!

5. Congratulations! That sounds like a very rewarding career! Great news.

6. congrats! now buy urself a bag as a congrats present lol thats what i do... and so does abaglover apparently hahaha i just read that.. damnit im not original now :'(

7. Congrats, what great news!! Not only for you, but for all the people you'll be helping at your new job!

8. Congratulations!!! :yahoo:

9. congrats! nothing, well almost nothing, beats having a job that you ENJOY and like...
    i can't imagine going to a job i dread everyday... and i am very thankful that my current job is really totally what i want to do... so i feel that i can relate to your excitment... :yes:

so what will you buy to celebrate your new job??? :graucho:
    i got a LV damier speedy 25 when i got my job! :yahoo:

10. Congrats...awesome that you followed your heart instead of a big paycheck :love:

11. Thanks everyone! Actually I got a new bag the day before I got the call to interview, took it with me to the interview, and it is now officially my lucky bag! So I am sticking with that one for a while. And perhaps I will start my official "Birkin fund!"

12. Excellent, ET! So nice to be able to invest time engaging in something truly worthwhile. Enjoy your new work (and subsequent disposable income :graucho:)!

13. How wonderful!!! Congrats!

14. Thats great... congrats.

15. From a fellow attorney--congrats! I know that we're in a field that seems to have high burn-out rates. I'm glad you found something that you'll truly enjoy!