I Got My Botkier Rose Hobo...Pics

Lexie - Your bag is gorgeous! I "visited" a cherry version at Nordstrom today and it is just beautiful! The straps with the weaving are so beautiful and the leather just wonderful. It will definetly be on my future wish list. Enjoy!!!

Sooooo gorgeous; a great buy!!

I've been eyeing these on the Nordstrom web site, but I have a feeling I'm going to get the "Cairo" satchel this season instead, since I need a more structured bag. Enjoy that wonderful smooshy leather!!!

i LOOOVE it! and thanks to you, as soon as i return from my vacation in ridiculously HOTLANTA, i will be SO lOOKING forward to checking out my bag too! i'm even more excited to hear that you like yours so much! i think the color is amazing and can't wait to use it this fall!
thanks again for the tip at AE! :P
now, does anyone by chance know of any deals on the botkier bianca in medium cherry?? hehehe...not that i need another bag...but if there's a good deal...:shame:

hey lexie! glad that you like your bag!
I know you have really high standards and the fact that you are happy with it tells me that this is a great bag!
I am personally not too fond of the style, I don't hate it, but not excited about it either - but I love the colour!!!
Great choice!

lexie, it's gorgeous!! i love that color! :drool: is the little botkier plate on the side gold-colored? the black one on AE looks silver in the pictures.

It's gold on mine. I didn't look close on the site. Maybe it's silver for the black bag...which would look nicer IMO. Yep, I just checked. It is silver and it does look nicer for that color bag.

Here's something you all might want to know. I wore the bag the last couple of days and most comments and opinions were positive. Although my Sister said the Bag looked llike a Badly designed Gown that Nicole Kidman wore to the Awards with the Rose looking like some kind of malignant growth on her gown strap....LOL
As for the Rose. ALL the comments I got included a little side note.

It would look better without the Rose thing.
What the heck is that thing hanging off of it?
The bag is pretty but cut off that Ball of whatever.

Most people did not recognize it as a Rose at first look so they viewed it as something odd and rather disgusting...LOL When I showed them what it was, most people just said "Oh" or "huh" not particularly impressed.

So, I will probably remove the Coin purse and let that beautiful bag shine without it. From comments I got the Rose distracted people from seeing the beauty of the bag.

Most people did not recognize it as a Rose at first look so they viewed it as something odd and rather disgusting...LOL When I showed them what it was, most people just said "Oh" or "huh" not particularly impressed.

So, I will probably remove the Coin purse and let that beautiful bag shine without it. From comments I got the Rose distracted people from seeing the beauty of the bag.

BUT THAT'S WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE BAG!
Can you post rose-less pics?

Here's something you all might want to know. I wore the bag the last couple of days and most comments and opinions were positive. Although my Sister said the Bag looked llike a Badly designed Gown that Nicole Kidman wore to the Awards with the Rose looking like some kind of malignant growth on her gown strap....LOL

The rose is what I like about the bag too! Maybe because it's different people are confused. I'll bet that a lot of designers are going to start copying the dangling rose. And then your friends will change their minds and suddenly like it.

Heck, man, I was thinking about buying the Botkier clutch just because of the rose! I love it and think that it differentiates the bag from a lot of other pretty hobos out there....

You know, what turned me off about the bag is indeed the rose - I saw the stock photos at the dept stores and I was like what the heck was that - it wasn't until I saw your photos Lexie, that I gave it a second look. The rose was nicely made... but its not that 'nice' in composition - am I making any sense?

oh, that's lovely! i just ordered the large rose satchel:
AED20296.jpg

i like the versatility of handles and a shoulder strap. i can't wait!!!

grechen, can you tell us about the bag after you get it - I am interested in this bag too but I want to know how heavy it is