I got an interesting comment today...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is going to be a rant, fyi. Before I begin, I should let you know that I love everything rare and exotic, including furs. I was wearing one today (so cold in my area for some reason!) and in my French class, this one girl says, "Kill to eat!" which was completely out of no where, but in any event, she goes on this rant about how "fur is wrong" and yet she wears leather...she justifies it by saying that leather and beef come from cows, so why not? And I told her that they have to feed cows different things to raise them for meet than for leather, so therefore, they don't use the same cows for meat that they do for leather. She looked at me like I was an idiot. Then when someone brought up veal (not sure how this got into French class, but anyhow...) she says how much she loves it. So...she supports killing cows (adult and baby) and yet, she doesn't support fur...and then she said how since we have so many synthetic fabrics (she said "other stuff") then we don't need to use real fur. When I told her that textile mills produce 90% of the world's pollution (a high guess...however they do contribute to over half. if anyone knows the exact number, please let me know), she looked at me, again, like I was crazy. Does this make sense to anyone?

2. I am not sure if I understand what you are asking in this post, and just letting you know that there have been soo many looong discussions on this topic with fur and leather. ;)

3. And I'm perfectly fine if it's your personal opinion to not wear fur or leather or eat meat, but this girl was wearing a leather jacket and suede shoes and was telling me that wearing fur is wrong. I'm simply asking if anyone can make sense out of it for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.