I give in - I'm calling BalNY

natalie_palm

May 6, 2007
I have been putting it off because it seems like sooo much money for a bag, but I think I am going to go ahead and get the Aqua city. I only got my 1st "designer" bag about 6 months ago and it was a Coach. I like it, but EVERYONE has a Coach and I want a huge punch of color. Please tell me - is it really worth all of the $$$???

...absolutely!! you'll die when you touch the leather and see how soft it moves around...it will NOT be your last bbag...guaranteed!! Such a nice colour too btw....and the city is a very popular size...you can put all your stuff in there...you will LOVE it!

Only you can decide if it's worth the money. It took me about 6 months before I could justify the price to myself. I have only Coach bags also, but got my first Bbag a couple of weeks ago, and now I want to retire all my Coach bags!

OMG, YES!!!!!! You will love Balenciaga and Aqua is a GREAT color to start your collection with! Make sure and posts pics and CONGRATS!:yahoo:

If I do ratios of (happiness quotient)/(price) Balenciaga has the highest ratio by far. The happiness satisfaction I get from a Balenciaga vs a Louis Vuitton on average is about 3-5x more. Sorry I am such a nerd.

I was hesitent initally... and after about 2-3 months I now have my 2nd bbag. Ugh! Just be careful b/c I guarantee you will want another after you get one lol

Aqua City sounds like a great choice! I rec asking for Kim or Daphne at BalNY. Kim chose my City & it's AMAZING (the leather tends to vary on bbags), and Daphne is very popular & known for picking awesome leather on bags too!

It's worth every penny when u see this aqua bbag.....she is gorgeous and you will love her...it's different than coach coz bbag is full distressed leather and pple are crazy abt their styles and the smooshy leather......it's cool to carry ard it....:smile:

I really don't want to dis Coach because I think their leather bags are a great, great deal for the price. They wear beautifully and are of good quality IMO. Having said that, everyone has a Coach handbag.

Balenciaga is in another category totally. The handbags are just beautiful and once you have one, you will want more ... and more. They are very understated cool, no giant logos, you have to know what you are looking at. That is another thing I adore about them. It really is worth the $$$.

Congrats on your purchase (or soon to be with all the enablers here :P ) Please post pictures when you get her!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Oh and just another thing. BalNY does not do refunds. At. All. If you don't like the bag you can exchange it twice, then it is final sale. You may want to think about going through a retailer like Niemans, Saks, Barney's just because of the 30 day money back refund policy (minus shipping), considering it is your first Balenciaga.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Balenciaga is in another category totally. The handbags are just beautiful and once you have one, you will want more ... and more. They are very understated cool, no giant logos, you have to know what you are looking at. That is another thing I adore about them. It really is worth the $$$.

Yes, that is why B bags hold their value well.. so if you decide you don't like it (impossible as it'd probly to trade for another colour), you can sell it.. the net difference will come up to perhaps the cost of a leather Coach..