I Found A Job!!!!!!!!!!!

1. so i just checked my e-mail a few minutes ago and i FINALLY got a job offer.......if you dont' remember i had a thread waaaay back in which i was panicking because i couldn't find a job (summer job....i'm a law student so was looking for a summer internship....and as a 1L looking for a city job very very hard :sad2:smile: and now that this is my last week of classes i was starting to majorly panic but i finally got an offer :shame:......it's not much and it pays nothing compared to the firm jobs, but a job is a job right?.........now next summer will be the big money :lol:......i'm soooooo relieved/ecstatic!!! :smile:

in case anybody's interested i'm working for AFS (American Field Services).......at least it'll be interesting and fast-paced (and at least it pays something ;) )
  2. Yay!!! That's wonderful news!! Congrats JC I'm sure you'll be awesome!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
  3. Well done! Hope you enjoy it, and remember no experience is EVER wasted.

4. Congrats JC! Every little work experience will count on your resume. :amuse:
  5. Congratulations!!!
  6. yay! congrats! and hopefully more bags to buy.
  7. Awesome! now you can stop stressing and enjoy the summer! :smile:
  8. CONGRATS! Getting a job as a 1L is HUGE. This is a VERY big accomplishment. Plus being PAID is even bigger!
  9. yay, JC, i'm so happy and excited for you. Congrats.
    Now, you don't have to worry much a/b looking for a job, not that u have to worry cuz you are a smart girl. :p
  10. Congrats, you deserve it!! No more stressing for now :smile:
  11. Congratulations!!! All experience is a good thing... think on your future CV and all you will learn :biggrin:
  12. thanks soso much everybody.....i'm in class right now so i have no one else to share my excitement with and i know you guys would be here for me :lol:........last week i almost burst into tears so many times in class just thinking about being unemployed for the summer.......i still have a few more interviews coming up and i'm not sure if i should take this offer right away or wait a little but i'm just so relieved to have an offer :shame:

the pay isn't much but hopefully it'll be enough to get myself a little reward :p
  13. CONGRATS JC!!! THat is the perfect job for first year summer~! I worked at the Free Legal Aid Clinic, and had a blast! (talk about making no money :smile: You will have plenty of time for the "firm" job- just enjoy your experience! And have fun!
  14. thanks so much jag.....i really appreciate your sharing your experience with me.......and i hope your day is looking up and you're feeling better :p
  15. You are such a sweetheart! Thank you!!! And yes, I am feeling better- and the day is already half over (thank goodness). What are you doing to celebrate your new job? Is there a new handbag in your future???;)