I feel like this is a sacrilege in the MJ forum...

1. ....but I'm not sure I love the E/W stam I got from Shopbop. It is so heavy and big, and the gold chain is so not me. I know, it is removable. Will it grow on me? I thought it was "the" bag to have... I'm kind of disappointed... Is there something wrong with me? Will I come to my senses?:confused1::shrugs:

2. I would wear it around the house. Put your coat on - move around with it on... Take the chain off. Put it back on... If you are still not feeling the bag I wouldn't keep it. I got a bag that I was DYING(MbMJ) to have and anxiously checked the mail everyday for it - excitement growing. Got it-and just knew it was not going to work for me. I was heartbreaking but I got rid of it to get another. I think if you don't feel it - try try again... You can return for something you might wear more. If you are skeptic now about the bag I would just hate for you to keep it and never wear it out. KWIM?

3. I bought and returned the Stam twice because it wasn't me. I think it's a beautiful bag. I have determined that frame bags and bags with a chain just aren't for me. The weight is too impractical as the long strap (being a chain) cannot be worn with all outfits imo. I carry so much I absolutely require a bag that can be carried comfortably on the shoulder. Rolled straps aren't very comfy, and I would not carry 6-7 lbs on a chain strap if I wasn't wearing a coat, kwim?

It's not sacrilege to appreciate the beauty of something, but realize it's not practical for your own life. That's just good sense :smile:

4. It's not sacrilege to appreciate the beauty of something, but realize it's not practical for your own life. That's just good sense :smile:

Very well put Lizard!!

5. If you are not loving it definitely trade it for something you do love!!

6. Thank you.
    Sometimes our own words of wisdom are hard for us to live by, but I'm working on changing my behavior to match my attitude! Sometimes we have to take missteps to realize what doesn't work for us, right?
    I had two MJ bags with rolled shoulder straps and suede interior that I was lemming for the last few years. I just got one for a good deal. I love the look of it very much, but it's a dinner and/or movie bag rather than an all day bag because it wears out my arm. I just took the other bag off my list because I realize it would be much the same. I aim to only buy bags I can use in (almost) any circumstance.
    I have a few clutches for evening. But we all need some special outfits for a nice night out right? ;)

7. Not every MJ bag is for everyone. the ladies who have already commented gave very sage advice. Definitely target something else that you really love and will work for practicality's sake. No worries! :tup: