I Don't Want My Leather To Oxidize!!!

1. Help! I really want to keep the leather on my lv keepall from oxidizing for as LONG AS POSSIBLE!

how do I do that? I have it in my dust bag in my closet where there is little traffic. What else can I do?

2. if you don't wear it, the handles will stay light longer :smile:

3. Keep it hidden away in your closet and let no one see it or let it see the light of day. Also do not touch the handles unless you have gloves on. That is my advice. :smile:

4. keep it in the closet in the dustbag and dont use it.

5. I read somewhere on the forum that appleguard helps. Never tried it myself though..

6. Use appleguard...do a search on here and it will tell you how to apply. It helps slow down the process, but I agree, if you don't want this to happen, then don't use it. Kind of dumb to me though!

7. I know what u mean - The keepall's vachetta does look beautiful before it oxidizes but...I am actually letting mine slightly oxidize a bit in my closet so that I don't freak out too much when I use it for the first time! Plus it looks sooooo good on display on a shelf in my closet and I turn it every few days so she gets an even tan:p. I look at it everytime I go in there and smile! Here she is in the open air!

IMG_0581.jpg
  8. Honestly, I don't understand this. The natural oxidizing is beautiful :smile:

It use to be considered gauche to use LV before it has oxidized. Women would put their bags in the windows and carefully rotate them to ensure even 'tanning'.

I know for some it is simply they prefer the light leather, but if you are so worried about it darkening, how can you ever enjoy your bag? And if you don't enjoy it, what's the point?

9. I agree!

I think a nice patina looks amazing and many, many people work months for a nice even tan before even using their Louis Vuitton bag.

I wouldn't worry about it.

10. Don't stress too much about it! It will look great! The leather doesn't get too bad if you don't use it all the time!

11. I still gets some oxidation inside the closet. For some reason I think that appleguard has accelerate mine but maybe it is just me.

12. I find that as soon as I first put the purse in use, the patina very slowly changes colour even when placed in a dustbag in a dark closet as well as in a zip lock bag. I guess once it has been exposed, patina happens naturally. I am very funny about the patina getting dark, sometimes I consider changing the strap and handle but then again the trimming will not be the same colour.

13. I don't think there is really anything you can do. this is a natural process

14. i had my multicolour theda in the closet and only ever used it three times, it has oxidised by itself, but not a bad colour though :p pretty :smile: