I don't understand

MissSpringSt

Dec 17, 2007
Why is there so much hype surrounding Louis Vuitton?

I live in LA and whenever I go anywhere, I see a ton of people walking around with Louis Vuitton bags.

I don't get it. Why do you like Louis Vuitton merchendise?

Who knows, maybe I'll convert someday. ;)

I live in LA and whenever I go anywhere, I see a ton of people walking around with Louis Vuitton bags.

I love it for many reasons....
It is a classic brand/style
Their stuff is well made
Most of all it makes me feel good.

I am sure there are brands that you love.. It is the same reason. Maybe you have an expensive car and people that drive old clunkers think the same about your car. Or expensive jewelry. People can say a why do you need an expensive wedding ring a ring is just a ring. It is about the love not about a ring.

I also live in LA and I bet 1/2 (if not more) of the bags we see are fake.

I like my Louis Vuitton products because of their craftsmanship and durability. Not to mention the classic designs and styles. Additionally, Louis Vuitton is always on the fore front of fashion with their new collections each year.

You know, about a year ago, I didn't understand it, either. I just could not understand the attraction - but then I started learning about the history and tradition surrounding the company, and I thought the legacy thing was just so damn cool. Soon after I got my first piece - after that, I was smitten. Like Expy said, the craftsmanship and durability is amazing, and I love the idea that you can have a bag for 50 years and it will still be in style.

I don't think it is something that can really be explained (or needs to be).
Either you will someday get it or you won't. People like different brands for different reasons, sometimes even they don't know why!
For instance, this past autumn, I was torn between an LV or a Chanel bag. I went to both boutiques and was decidedly underwhelmed by the Chanel bags. They were beautiful, but just didn't do "it" for me. When I went to LV though..........VaVaVoom!

I think it's hard to explain... it just IS. Honestly, if you had asked me a year ago if I'd ever own any LV, I would have said, "Hell no!" I didn't understand it at all.

Now? I just purchased my third piece of LV. I was first turned on by the Damier Azur line, and kept admiring it. I finally caved and bought a 4-key holder, and then a pochette. I couldn't stop looking at LV, and decided I just had to save for a Speedy. I started to love the regular Damier line, too. Now I am admiring some of the other lines.

It's very hard to explain, but there's just something about it!

I agree with the ladies on the quality, but I also like the fact that resell value is better than other bags. Example: I just bought a beautiful vintage mono Speedy 25 that was made in 1983. I paid $300 for it. I bet the lady who bought it brand new did not pay that much for it (not sure what they were selling for back then) She took very good care of it, it's almost in mint condition as well as a beautiful patina on the leather.

quality does nothing for me...
every other brand can have the same quality as an LV bag as long as one is willing to pay $$$

I like LV cuz there are (almost) no sales... LV's history is just a bonus that comes with my liking of it

quality does nothing for me...
every other brand can have the same quality as an LV bag as long as one is willing to pay $$$

I like LV cuz there are (almost) no sales... LV's history is just a bonus that comes with my liking of it

I totally agree about the quality, there is no question that maybe prada, gucci or any other brand that is maybe cheaper or has sales has less quality than LV.

But I like it because there is so much history and the styles of bag appeal to me, some people like chanel, fendi etc, but I like vuitton. I think the artists which work for vuitton are also a plus, something that no other designer can offer and also the colours, some LV colours I have not seen on any other designer brand.

I like the fact that the designs, to me are timeless and classic. Also for me, it's the best for mens as not a lot of brands feature a lot for men so in this aspect, I'm more loyal because they are constantly releasing new lines etc. And lastly, I'm Asian and, it's like a status symbol LOL.

^^^^^^

Asking this question in an LV forum, is pretty moot, IMO.....:confused1:

You know, about a year ago, I didn't understand it, either. I just could not understand the attraction - but then I started learning about the history and tradition surrounding the company, and I thought the legacy thing was just so damn cool. Soon after I got my first piece - after that, I was smitten. Like Expy said, the craftsmanship and durability is amazing, and I love the idea that you can have a bag for 50 years and it will still be in style.

Yup, I completely agree. The true understanding comes from owning one and being aware of the company history.
Not to mention the fact that they're well made and will last!

My top 5 reasons why I love LV:
-Suhali
-The quality/craftsmanship is amazing.
-There's so much of a variety.
-It's a brand that's well-known and has been around for years.
-There are no sales at LV EVER, which makes it more exclusive.

i personally like LV because at first... it was a status symbol like someone mentioned... i'm Asian too haha. anyway... then after owning a Damier Speedy 30 as my first LV purse... i was shocked in the elegance and quality LV can provide. the purse just sitting there by itself makes any room elegant. you can tell they didn't just half * in making the purse by looking at the stitching and such... just very well crafted. another thing is that no matter how "old" the style is... it's still in as long as it's LV along with the fact that it's meant to last!