I don't like the skinny jeans...

I can't do the stovepipe version AT ALL! I'm just too short! But I just bought some slim, straight leg jeans (AG Kiss) and they look great! With these, I get that modern "look" and can wear them with the layerd pieces and tunics that are big this fall.

UGH!!! I am not a fan at all of skinny jeans!! I can't wait until they go away. In the stores I see really cute pairs of jeans, then notice they are not bootcut or flare. IMO, they need to go.

i love em, they make my short legs look longer and i have them scrunched up a little at the bottom, its ok. what i really need is a hot pair of pumps with a little bit of platform at the front to go with them! but sadly, i am having a hard time finding my size. 4.5 !!

I've been looking for a pair of BLACK bootcut jeans but am not having any luck. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I can't do skinny jeans either ... I look hideous in them ... damn my hips~

Ok, I realize that sometimes one must suffer for beauty, LOL, but do you guys who like the skinnines find them to be comfortable?

I didn't like the feeling of denim clinging all the way down my leg. I could wear them for a night out, but wouldn't want them on all day for classes, errands, etc. But I'm a huge comfort freak:P

Edit for a ps: the SA at one of my stores told me he thought super skinny jeans looked "dressy," like for a night out ONLY. He didn't recommend them for daily wear -- I don't know if I agreed w/ him, what do you guys think?

I emailed my SO a picture of me in a pair of black skinny jeans that I tried on, he bursted out laughing. So I guess it is a definite NO on me even in other people's eyes.

I love them! They flatter my figure much better than the flare legs ever did. Low-rise and tight-fitting -- that's how I like them.

To each their own, though. :flowers:

i don't like them skin tight, but tight enough but not too loose. i will try to get a photo at some point... i actually find them quite comfortable to wear.

MandM said:
the SA at one of my stores told me he thought super skinny jeans looked "dressy," like for a night out ONLY. He didn't recommend them for daily wear -- I don't know if I agreed w/ him, what do you guys think?

I don't agree with that at all!

I think lot of people would find them harder to wear for night, with stilettos, as they are used to having the extra width at the ankles.

They look great for day with big, tall, slouchy boots - the width of which is useful to take the place of the bootcut flare, if you want/feel you need to balance out your hips, a bit.

Alternatively, chunky socks and legwarmers are making a reappearance (Marc Jacobs and Sportmax)! :supacool: :lol:

Bootcuts and flares were 'in' in the UK for over 10 years; we needed a change, IMO.

Skinnies and straighter styles are still a relatively new trend and I think some people are still adjusting.