I didn't know where to post this, but does anyone else have the flu?

1. First, my DH was sick, now I am! Though I never had the full-blown fever that he had, I've been hacking like an old man for the last couple of nights. NOT FUN. Now my neck and chest are a little sore. Is there anyone else who is feeling under the weather or has suffered from this virus? How long did it take you to get over it?:crybaby:
  2. I've had it too! I think I was bound to get it at some point as I work with children. For me it was this horrible headache that didn't go away for like 4 days and a high temperature and runny nose. I think it took a good couple of weeks to fully clear up. I was taking paracetamol and ibuprofen around the clock! I hope you feel better soon because I know how horrible it is!!! :flowers:
  3. I was so sick three weeks ago. For about 10 days I had fever, aches, cough congestion and my asthma flared up. Sickest I've been in a long time and it was pretty early in the year for me. I didn't have to go to the hospital but I was scared. I had influenza when I was 15 and nearly died. That's a long story though. So whenever I start to cough or sneeze I get paranoid.
  4. Is it really the flu? I didn't think any had been reported yet. Hope you feel better soon!
  5. Yes, yes, yes......I am sick as a dog right now......I started feeling sick on Thursday, and still have a stuffy head/nose/sore throat. It ruined my whole weekend...and now I have a stomach ache to boot. I don't think it's the flu...but it's nasty, whatever it is.

My sister got the same symptoms about a week and a half ago, and finally had to call the doctor for meds for a bacterial infection.....and she still feels sick.

I hate to say it, The Snorks, but I think we have a long week ahead of us. Get plenty of rest, and hope you feel better soon!
  6. Ack! I work with kids as well, so I'm exposed to all kinds of viruses. Most of my students have had runny noses and some have had coughs, but man, this sucks. I hope it doesn't turn into a bacterial infection because I hate taking antibiotics. Hope you all feel better soon!
  7. I have been real sick for that last week, actually my husband and daughter also, it seems like I'm the last one though. Coughing, headaches, nose running, and the other day I had a stomach virus, and couldn't keep anything down and absolutely 0% energy. It's getting a little better day by day. I'm tired of feeling like crap. I hope everyone feels better:flowers: I don't think it was the flu though, I would have had the chills and muscle aches, and all the previous symtoms would have been qualdrupled in intensity. I wouldn't have been able to get out or bed.
  8. Me too, still stuffy nose today but the aching and fever has gone, but still I don't feel good...
  9. Yup, I'm feeling too blechh to do anything other than post on the TPF. At least I have this board to entertain me.
  10. Yep, me too. My symptoms are low grade, I'm able to function, but the headache is annoying. Mildly runny nose, no fever, but the sinusitis is the worst. Symptoms came on a week and a half ago, I felt fine, went to the gym and almost threw up on my Bosu ball. Went right to bed after that and haven't been back to the gym since that Thursday.