I did something stupid and now i regret it...

1. I bought a bag on eBay a few months ago that came with a receipt.
    A month later, one of the seams started to come apart. I emailed the store (Neiman Marcus) from which it was purchased and asked if there was anything that could be done since it was such an expensive bag. I got a semi generic response telling me to return it for refund or exchange if i wasnt happy with my purchase. It gave me instruction for mailing it back to the store.

I packed up the bag with the receipt and mailed it to the return center via fedex and insured it for the full value of the bag. I put instructions for an exchange.

That was 6 weeks ago and i haven't heard anything back about it. I keep calling them to see what the status is but the only information i have is the tracking number of my package. I got an email confirmation saying my package was delivered and signed for. They told me that they can't track packages based on the fed ex tracking number. I need the order number which i don't have.

I feel so stupid for sending the bag in - I wish i had just taken it to the shoe shop for repair.

I'm so afraid that they are unable to process the exchange and my bag will be lost. can this happen? can they just "lose" my bag? If they can't process a return, is it policy to just send the bag back to the sender??? With the holiday rush coming, I'm realllllly afraid it will get lost.

Does anyone have any advice? I know i probably deserve to lose the bag just to teach me a lesson ... but i really want my bag back :crybaby:
  2. I don't want you to feel bad. However, since you bought the bag second hand you shouldn't have sent it in with the receipt since you didn't buy it. It's possible they may credit back the original buyer. You should have taken it into the store.

So let's talk about how to get the bag back. You're going to have to sit on the phone all day and not get off until someone finds that bag for you. Do you still have a copy of the receipt.