I did it!!! I did it!!!!!! :D

1. Oh my gosh, I am so happy right now!!

I just got back from my University - we got our final grades today!

I was way nervous, because when I took my business exam my mind went into panic mode and I couldn't concentrate or think. I was 95% sure that I had failed it. :crybaby:

So...today was the date that we got our grades. I didn't sleep a wink last night because I was so nervous that I would have to repeat the semester (which wouldn't have happened anyway, but I'm the type who makes situations seem worse than they really are.

Anyway...So, before I list my grades, I guess I should preface with how the grading system here in Germany works.

It's on a scale from 1 - 6. 1 being the best, and 6 being the worst.

So, here are my grades for my final exams:

German: 2
    Calculus: 2
    Statistics: 1 !!!!! :yahoo:
    Business: 4 <---I broke out into a panic when I saw the exam and couldn't concentrate :sad:
    Economics: 3
    English: 1 :roflmfao: Go figure!
    Computer: 3 <---I didn't study :shame:

In our transcript/report card, the Math classes and Business/Econ classes will be counted as one, so the grades will be added together and then averaged.

So my final grades are:

German: 2
    Math: 2 :yahoo:
    Business/Econ: 3 <---I'm happy with that!!
    English: 1
    Computer: 1

My GPA that I had in HS in the US will also be added to my grades, and I graduated with a 3.9 and when it's converted to the German system, it's about a 1.1. Thank goodness my University GPA didn't count :p

So, all in all my GPA will be around a 1,67 which is very good!!

This really means a lot to me, since I am new in Germany (have lived here for a bit over a year) and this is the first time I have done any type of University schooling in Germany. The program that I was in is specifically for immigrants, so they can get used to how University is done in Germany and so they will be up to par with the other students when they actually enter University. I also faced a difficult situation when I had my baby in the end of April. This meant that I could no longer go to lectures (I live about 1h15min away from my Uni and I wasn't about to drive all that way with the baby) so I received and did assignments over fax and I had to rely on my books to teach me what I needed to learn! Tough situation!

I'm so glad that I'm finished!!!

Now my next worry is getting into University! :rolleyes:

2. yay, congrats! ;)

3. congrats!! u did great!!

4. Thanks guys!!! I feel so relieved now :biggrin:

5. :dothewave::dothewave::dothewave:

WOOHOO! Congrats!!!!!

:dothewave::dothewave::dothewave:

6. That's awesome! Congratulations!

7. that's incredible!

CONGRATS, girliee! :yahoo:

8. Congrats!

9. :yahoo:Congratulations:yahoo:

10. wow, honey, you did fabulously well.

Congratulations, you should be really proud of yourself :yes:

11. thats great news
    :yahoo:
    i get my results on wed, im really nervous

12. Congrats!!!

13. :tup: Nice job!!! Now go buy a purse!!! :roflmfao:

14. Congratulations! I'm not sure I'd have the discipline to do my studies over fax! That's awesome you could do that!

15. :yahoo: Congrats!