I could strangle my husband's co-worker!

too funny! DH knows how much my purses cost, i always discuss with him since we don't really make big purchases without the other one knowing....but i do think it's tacky to discuss prices, mostly because most of my friends think $100 is a lot to spend on a bag. basic coach is their $$$ bag. i once had a friend point to my $1500 bag and make a comment of "but ur bag prob cost like $500" and i said not a word....:whistle:sometimes its better for people not to know!
LOL

I don't think the co-worker was being malicious, if she has such a good collection herself then she appreciates the value in designer bags. My DH has a fair idea of the cost of bags but lives in denial so I would assume your DH was the same.

I don't think that she is jealous or trying to be catty!
If your husband is always mentioning to her the names designers, I'm sure she just assumed that he was aware of the costs.

Costs are always a touchy subject and people shouldn't discuss them without realizing that what's perfectly normal for someone to spend seems completely outrageous to someone else. I don't think she was trying to be hurtful or catch you out. She was just being thoughless.

You all act like the woman is a *#&#
Yeah it's stupid to talk about prices of things... but i'm sure it was just a mistake.
She did refer to the husband as sweet. Maybe she isn't the sort of woman who has to hide the costs of her bag so didn't realise what she is doing. I mean she has a job and seems to be earning her own bags. Whats wrong with that?

I think most people assume that when you are married everything is open and clear. I don't blame her.

Cute story anyway... and your husband is sweet.