I closed my Paypal account... & I feel so liberated!

1. After 5+ years on eBay, I decided today to close my Paypal account. With all the crap going on with eBay & Paypal, I haven't been buying hardly at all. I just sold my last few bags I wanted to get rid of & I'm done. Frankly, I'm THISCLOSE to closing my eBay account too. I feel too much of my personal/financial info is at risk plus all the bogus chargebacks & scams going on, I just don't feel like it's worth it anymore. Anyway, I'm feeling "freed!"

2. I'm so envious! If I didn't rely on eBay for getting rid of stuff so much I'd do the same.

Wouldn't it be great if someone like Google or Microsoft came up with a viable competitor to eBay :woohoo:

3. LOl!

Wow, I love PayPal. I have been using it since it began! But I use it for way more then eBay. In fact, I use it more for other things, then I do with eBay!

But im glad you feel liberated! That is a good feeling, regardless of why!

4. Congrats! You have way more will power than I do. I've thought about that in the past but then find something to buy and that goes out the window. Good for you!

5. Acegirl ~ Good For You! :yes:

That Is The Best Feeling Ever!!!;)

6. I'm glad you were able to do that. I always say I will but I think I get tired of my stuff too fast and want to sell to go on to the next thing "I have to Have!"

7. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I can imagine how you feel! I too have been very discouraged lately with all the things that have been going on! I envy you!

I think I might need a 12 step program....

8. WEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    thats so cool
    I mean you can still buy , and use a cheque all this paypal protection is a racket anyhow

well done
    and do you find you spend just too much time surfing e bay , when there are so many other postive things in life to do

well done

9. Good for you! I wish I had the courage to do the same thing...

10. Just curious, why aren't more people using bidpay?

11. Thanks everyone;)

You know, Good question & I'm not sure.. I'm not that familiar with Bidpay~

Yes, I do.. I go through cycles when I'm looking for a ton of things & spend way too much time to not even logging on for days at a time. After 5 years, as a buyer & seller, I'm just tired of all the rif-raf you have to deal with. Just cleansing my system of it so to speak:p

I've also changed my way of shopping at the stores. I used to impulse buy so much crap that I would never end up wearing/using & it would go to ebay. I've been much more selective in hopes of not having or wanting to sell~

12. Bidpay denies more transactions than they accept, especially from new users. Most sign up just because a specific sellers only accepts that, and then some can't get their payment approved. Even tho they do offer a LOT more protection for the seller. They're kinda aggravating overall. But I use them anyday over paypal. Paypal is the devil. :cursing: :cursing: