I can't log out of the site

1. Hi Vlad and Megs: I logged on to this site briefly at around 6:10 p.m. this evening and was going to log off after posting one post, but for some reason the site can't log me off. :confused1:

I've never seen this before.
    I've been trying to log off all this time (I've attempted to log off over twenty times now) but for some reason, the site won't let me log out.

Do you have any idea why this bizarre occurence is happening?

Thank you very much.
  2. I think that if you want to completely log out you will have to delete the cookies and delete the internet history in your computer. This will delete the track of the websites you been log to and I think this will log you out of the forum. Let me know if you need additional help.
  3. Thank you for your reply.
    The cookies are not the issue.

And in addition to not being able to log out at all, when I try to post a reply or navigate, I constantly get looped/bumped out to this "you must log in again" screen even though I'm already logged in and even though the site can't log me out.
  4. That sounds like an issue on your computer, not the site. But Vlad will come read this and add any insight, k :yes:
  5. The problem is not that you can't log out, it is that you are being logged out. Try to clear your cookies and browser cache and restart the browser.

6. I just wanted to clarify that prior to posting this thread, I had already cleared the cache and cookies, and restarted the browser.

But the same problem is still happening.

This has never happened before.

And in addition to that, when I tried to log out, I get the standard message indicating that I've logged out. But when I doublecheck by going to a thread to see my post, I still see my status indicator as green (i.e., still logged in).
  7. Update: I just found out what the problem was. It had nothing to do with clearing out the cache and cookies. I was combing through my computer tonight and found that one of the internal options got accidentally de-selected.

Sorry about that. :smile:

Thank you for your replies anyway. :flowers:
  8. The status indicator is not realtime, the status is updated every ~5 minutes. The way to check if you are logged in is to log out and see if you can still reply to threads. If you are prompted for a login, you know you're logged out.

Alternatively, the bar under the Glam Network banner will have username/password fields showing, instead of your Private Message status/link.
  9. That is interesting to know. Thank you Vlad.
  10. That's alright! I found out tonight what caused the problem.

But thank you for offering to help. That is very kind of you! :flowers:
  11. Glad you figured it out!