i can't decide!!! help!!!

hi everyone! i am really new to chanel, i have a pair of sunglasses and that's it (very depressing!!). i am considering getting a chanel bag, i would really love a tote bag a medium sized one in black, (possibly like either one that Lauren or Heidi off The Hills has!!). i hear they are between $1600-$1800 AUD does anyone know rough estimates of prices. also wanting to hear peoples experiences with them, what they think of them whether they regretted them and any suggestions (with pics if possible, perth doesn't have a chanel store so i'm limited in my knowledge of them!!) of other ones to choose! thanks!!

i'm falling more and more in love with the baby cabas...now i'll have to find it i guess...black or khaki? thats another huge question haha!

and i guess if i can't find it...the diagonal cc was meant to be =] this will help ease my worries i guess

so i hear if you open an account at saks you get 10% off? and someone else said at bloomies you get 20% off if you open an account? is that true? THANKS!

oh and rowie1985 i think the bag LC has is the cerf tote, which is super cute and businessy, but you should consider the GST too, i love it and its a tote and its super elegant and so so so beautiful!