i can't believe england lose again

What I found strange about the whole red card thing was that the ref didn't take out any cards or wasn't about to until one of the Portugal players went running up to him to complain/winge. This caused Rooney to get annoyed and push him, only then did the ref decide to get the red card out....hmmm.

Oh and I do think Rooney deserved a yellow/red for the way he behaved but I don't think he was deliverately aiming the guys balls lol! He was looking the other way when it happened.

I have just woken up this morning with a rather bad head:Push:

I hoped I dream't yesterday but I didn't... What a :censor: way for it all to end.

I just hope I never see CR playing for a premiership team...EVER:rant:

OMG!!! I was sooooooooo gutted yesterday it was horrible :mad: . I am now officially dreading work tomorrow as the boss is a portugal fan :censor: . If she makes me make portugal flags for the kids I swear I will quit.

goodmornin said:
My god.. I am NOT a guy, but NO ONE deserves their crotch to be trodden on like fresh grapes for wine. That ALONE deserves a RED CARD. Even I felt the pain.

The refs this year are being extremely free with the red/yellow cards and the players are already lucky there werent more yellow/red cards given. I thought the ref was decent compared to the other refs that this world cup has seen. Rooneys sending off was a GOOD call.

* 20 yellow/red cards given during Portugal vs Holland match

* 3 yellow cards given to the SAME GUY in ONE GAME in Australia vs Croatia.

I know this years lineup was the best for England, but obviously they didn't put it to good use. Just follow some German Football to learn some teamwork skills. Rooney is usually a one man show.

watch the replay of it again and read this: (i admit that rooney is a selfish arrogant ass but that did not deserve a red card:: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/01/AR2006070100638.html but he should have controlled himself. thats his biggest downfall and hopefully this taught him a lesson.

sparkles48 said:
If you watch the replay in slo-mo.. you can tell he does it deliberately. That was no accident...

lol no he didnt, the capt wrapped his feet around ROONEY! and he tried to disentangle himself, read the link i added, its all right there.

i hate RONALDO. if i was in germany right now i would strangle him and his gross pointy adams apple. HES SUCH AN ******* HE SHOULDNT EVEN SHOW HIS FACE IN THE UK LET ALONE ENGLAND. asdfghjklkjhgfdsdfgbh,.

aarti said:
watch the replay of it again and read this: (i admit that rooney is a selfish arrogant ass but that did not deserve a red card:: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/01/AR2006070100638.html but he should have controlled himself. thats his biggest downfall and hopefully this taught him a lesson.

thank you aarti... it's such a relieve to have this as support. because i think lots of refs this year is sucks. with all hundreds of camera videos, with ACCURATE sightings, we don't really need a ref to give a judgement, alone that his decision is final. just so stupid.

aarti said:
lol no he didnt, the capt wrapped his feet around ROONEY! and he tried to disentangle himself, read the link i added, its all right there.

my bad.. on the ESPN replay it looked like Rooney stepped down and then stepped on the player's groin. I still think what Rooney did was a little more serious than other players who got red cards. Such as when Maestroeni got a red card for a late tackle in US v. Italy (up until then they'd just been giving yellows for late tackles).

^^^ I totally agree. From the slow replay, it really didn't look good. It seemed rather unsportsman-like. Of course, this was compounded by the commentary saying that WR knew what he was doing when he stepped on his groin and that players on this level are so aware of where their bodies in reference to each other.

I also think that this World Cup has the worst ref'ing that I've ever seen too. I really hope next time it gets better.

way to act like sore losers *applauds*
just remember that not everyone here is from the UK.. im actually portuguese and hearing you people classing them as cheaters is extremely offensive to me...
why on earth should Ronaldo CARE if Rooney gets sent off ?? Were they playing for Man United ?? Rooney needs to control himself... if Ronaldo was to trod on Beckhams groin im sure ud all be kicking up a stink about that...
face the facts that you got beaten fair and square.. ur goalkeeper was NOT good enough to save the penalties even though we missed 2!!