I can't be showing already!!!!!

1. I need advice. Okay, so I just found out I am pregnant like on Monday...four days ago. My cycles run 45 days long. My last "period" was 11/20 however, it was weird and went for 1 day, stopped for 2 days then started again for 3 days. Anyway, I feel like I have a bloated little tummy now and my pants fit tighter. This is my first pregnancy so I am totally new to this. I doubt anyone can physically show at 4 weeks so I am wondering if I have been pregnant longer and my November AF was spotting......what do you think?
    I have my first dr. appt on 1/29......

By the way, this afternoon one of my girlfriends even commented on "my tummy". I eat healthy and I was/am a size 0/25 in pants and I weigh 105 pounds so maybe the abdominal bloating is more noticeable? HELP!
  2. I don't have any personal experience with this (am just recently TTC!) but one of my friends who is pregnant started showing a little around 4-5 weeks. It wasn't really noticeable to most people but she said that she had already had to buy new pants and even new underwear! So I think it's definitely possible, and maybe easier to see when you are normally so slim? I'm sure others here will have some more insight!
  3. You are probably not showing yet. It's probably just bloating; it's very common during pregnancy. You might notice your stomach bigger on some days and smaller on others.

I am almost 11 weeks and I keep thinking I am showing too, but I am sure it's just because I am self-conscious.
  4. CONGRATS!!!!!

I doubt a 3 day bleed was "spotting" I'd guess that was your last period.
    If you are 4-6 weeks pregnant, it's not the baby showing, it's just bloating.
    At 5 weeks a baby is only about 1/17 of an inch long.
  5. It was probably implantation bleeding you experienced. My guess is you are just bloated.
  6. You're more than likely not showing yet. You're just bloating.
  7. Definitely bloating - I am the way right now. Actually, I am worse now than with my first pregnancy.
  8. That is a relief to hear that bloating is normal. Thanks ladies!
  9. Yep. I definitely bloated up right at the beginning. Your digestion slows down so that you can absorb more nutrients from the food, and you retain a lot of water, so your pants could definitely be a little snug already. I was just saying in another post that there was a big gap for me between when I noticed I had a belly and other people thought I looked pregnant. You may not show so that anyone else notices for months yet, but you'll be very aware of it.
  10. At this point, it's probably just bloating. But, I did start showing close to 2 months.
  11. As others said, your last period may have been implantation bleeding. I had implantation bleeding with 2 of my kids, one was pretty heavy, so you may be further along.

Also, have you ever been told you have a tilted uterus? If so, becareful to empty your bladder completely when you urinate, even bend forward as you finish...otherwise your enlarged uterus can block your bladder, causing fluid retention.

Hope that helps :smile:

12. twinkle.tink- THANK YOU! Great advice. I actually was told I had a tilted uterus at my last pap before becoming pregnant.
  13. That's probably what it is then, I have a tilted uterus too, and on my second pregnancy (from the loosened muscles) it was even worse....

Once you hit about 12-14 weeks the baby will be big enough to push your uterus into the correct position and it will be ok, but until then do be careful...if your bladder becomes distended then the uterus will block it even more.

I am glad I was able to help :smile:
  14. Congrats! It's more likely gas...expect more of it later on!:s
  15. I would say bloating for sure. Probably mixed in with gas like sneezz said.
    and yes, expect a lot more later on. Especially with things that you eat like veggies and fruit. Ugh. Some of it is painful! Congrats on your pregnancy!