I can finally get my glorious bag!

1. Hooray for me! I'm so excited, I'm hopping around my living room!
    I purchased a medium classic flap in Sept, but had to sell it when a job offer fell through (Thank you to those who gave me good advice. I was away for a week and felt weird bumping a week-old thread. Anyway). But it turned out for the best because now I have a job that is way better and pays a lot more. I win!

On one hand, it feels serendipitous that this occurred right before the price increase, but now I find myself leaning away from the classic flap and towards the ultimate soft, which I've always loved. Also it's cheaper which is always a plus.
    So my current plan is to get a Saks card for the 10% off first day's purchases (Too bad this didn't happen like, a week ago. Oh well) and charge send since I live in Reno.
    I lust after the long camellia wallet, but am hesitant about ordering them both at once. For one, it's expensive. For two, the idea of a lambskin wallet just seems doomed to horrible scratches. I'm torn.

Thoughts? Help!
  2. congrats on your new job!
  3. yay i remember you! how's the job? i'm glad you made the right decision! =)
  4. Ooh--serendipitous Chanel occurences--LOVE IT!!!

:yahoo:Congratulations on the new job! I think a new bag is a great way to celebrate! Get the bag you love, and maybe wait on the wallet, just in the interest of not getting too carried away. (Unless of course your new job is super lucrative, and you can afford both now!)

If the wallet is black, the lambskin will be easier to care for. I find black lambskin can be touched up with leather care creams, and it looks quite good. Other colors might be too vulnerable for something like a wallet, which is handled a lot and might get scratched by other things--like keys--in your bag.

Let us know what you decide!
  5. get the flap first. and congrats on ur new job :yes:
  6. Ahh yes, do get the flap first as it will be affected most by the price increase on Nov. 1, as well as any evil future increases Chanel has in store for us!

I wish we had a Saks here in Hawaii so I could buy another Chanel and get that initial 10% off. :sad:
  7. I'd get the flap, but I don't think thats your question....

The wallet will get marked up, your better off with a cavier wallet, I have one and It still looks new after 10 months.

The ultimate soft is a really cute bag too...
  8. Congrats on you new job !so happy for you!!:yahoo:
    I'd suggest you get the flap though before the increase!
  9. Oh, Super...I am so happy for you. Congrats!!!:tup:
  10. Congrats on your new job.
  11. Oh wow.. that's great to hear.. I remember reading your thread..

I'm happy for you!
  12. Thanks everyone! :smile:
    As for the flap vs ultimate soft, I carry a lot of stuff around with me on a daily basis. Too much to cram into a medium flap without making it all lumpy and weird. I discovered this during classic flap, round 1. I don't think the jumbo flap suits me well either, so I like the squishy goodness that is the ultimate soft. I would love to be all over the pre-increase classic flaps, but I'm really not feeling it right now. I'm going to hold off and wait for the reissues in the spring.

I'm going to wait on the wallet. Knowing me, it would likely get mangled by a packet of kleenex floating around in my bag and then I would be distraught.
    Also: where would be the best place for me to order from? I'm kind of perplexed on the issue of being sneaky and not having to pay tax. According to the Saks website, they will charge tax for shipping to Nevada.

ladydeluxe- The job is much better than the one I missed out on. This one is exactly my field.
  13. Welcome back, velleity! I remember you as well. Congrats on the new job. I love the Ultimate Soft and think it would look great on you.

If you're trying to avoid the sales tax, try Bergdorf Goodman. I don't think BG has a presence in Nevada. You're not being sneaky. We all try to save those extra dollars when we can.

Good luck and post modeling pics!
  14. the lambskin on the camellia wallet is very durable just to let you know...I don't want to be an enabler but don't pass it up if you really want it due to "scratches." Mine is still perfect 2 months later.
  15. big congrats!!:yahoo: