I bought a new (to me!) car!!!! :D

1. Hi everybody,

I bought a new-to-me car today! Eeeeeeeee, I'm so excited.

It's a 2001 Volkswagen Golf TDI Automatic Edition. I'm living in Germany now and most of the cars that we've seen that were in our price range were manuals and I just can't drive one for the life of me. It was a rare find to find my Golf.

It's basically got the works, on board computer and a whole bunch of other stuff that I don't know how to work yet, lol.

Pictures are attached! The pictures don't do the color of this car justice :smile: I never thought I would like a red car, but I looooooove this one!:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    IMG_3130_small_watermarked.jpg IMG_3131_small_watermarked.jpg IMG_3132_small_watermarked.jpg
  2. it is ....ahemm well....red :lol:
    but i am happy for you.
    oh btw you are living in germany please be honest do you really like it ? :hrmm:
  3. why is it parked on the grass :lol:
  4. New cars are so exciting and what a cute little red one it is!! If you don't mind me asking what part of Germany are you in? My BF just got a job with a German company that has an office in the US. It's possible we may get a trip there in the next 6 months!!
  5. congrats!i know what it means not to be able to drive a manual car....:hrmm:
  6. Congrats! It looks like a really fun car! Yes I am also manual-transmission challenged!
  7. Woohoo, congrats!!! And there's nothing wrong with a red car! I have one and it suits my personality! Love the Golf:smile:
  8. Yippee! Congratulations!!
  9. Congrats! I just got a brand new car so I understand your excitment
  10. congrats! as long as you have wheels to get around, it's great!
  11. Very nice, congrat's
  12. Congrats on your new car....drive safely:yes:
  13. It's not parked on the grass. There are stones that it is parked on...I just kinda missed the stones a little bit! :biggrin: I live in a town that has very limited parking. It's either on street or in your own parking area which most people here don't have.

I love it here. I was born here, but lived in the US most of my life since my dad was in the Army. My parents recently split up and I moved back here with my mom. The only thing that's difficult (for me) about living in Germany is finding a job. The job market here is so terrible, but with patience and hard work it'll all work out :smile:

To be exact, I live in Prichsenstadt (http://www.prichsenstadt.de has a map that kinda shows where it is). Prichsenstadt is in north-western Bavaria, near Wuerzburg. It's by the A3 between Frankfurt and Nurnberg. It's about 1.5 hours away from Frankfurt and about an hour away from Nurnberg. :smile:

I never really liked red cars, but when I saw this one I fell in love. I think it's because it's such a bright red :smile:

Thanks everybody :smile:
  14. I like it! Congratulations!
  15. Congrats .......so where was you first road trip to ??