I am such a purse snob!

eveningfaces said:
i agree!! i was perfectly happy w/ my longchamp bags and (gasp) llbean canvas totes, but now i can't go back! somebody help me! :roflmfao:

that's hillarious, evening, i look at my monogramed LLB tote w/ fond memories, ha, i've had it for like millions of years, and it sits waiting to be used as a beach bag. For such a prep, i'm a total bag snob.

Yeah, I am with you guys too. A few years ago I wouldn't have known a good handbag from a plastic grocery store shopping bag.

I started liking Coach and over a 6 month period, I bought about 20 Coach purses, then a few weeks ago, I fell in :heart: with Balenciaga's.

I love them so much, my Coach's haven't seen the light outside the closet! I saw the Coach Indigo Patchwork Tote in a catalogue about 2 months ago, (B.B. - Before Balenciagas) and liked it alot, so I had a note in my Filofax to go and look at it yesterday, June 1st was the release day. I didn't even bother, with tax and the keyfob I was going to get with it, it would have been $465 - I just couldn't, you know what was going through my mind??? That's close to half a Balenciaga Twiggy!!!

How sad that when I was in Macy's today, the SA who helped me with quite a few Coach purses, saw I wasn't carrying Coach and I felt like I had betrayed her. I cross the walkway in the mall when walking past Coach carrying my Balenciaga!

I am thinking of off loading quite a few of my Coach's to fund more Balenciagas. Maybe the fall colours will spur that decision!

I don't own any of the other popular purses, Prada, LV, Gucci, Fendi, Chanel, none. I pretty much went from an enourmous carry-every-day Ellen Tracy tote, to Coach to Balenciaga. And to think that I used to think it foolish to spend so much on a handbag BB! :roflmfao:

Interesting thread!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Wow, I can totally relate to this tread.. Cheap handbags doesn't intrest me at all anymore.. When I go to H&M I think "oh, that bag would have been nice if it was <insert label here>".. It's so shallow, but I can't help it.

hmm... i dont consider myself a purse snob. i just like quality bags. and other nice things. there is nothing i hate more than buying something cute and then it starting to fall apart or getting icky quickly... i just attempt to buy very well made items that will stand the test of time or at least until i am tired of it! i cant handle that stress of having to throw away a costly but cute item because the seaming unraveled or it faded quickly or the hardware breaks or something... thats why i never buy shoes or purses from shopbop. all the things i used to buy on there would always end up having to be thrown away for some reason. i'm sure it was because everything is like indie designers, the quality control (in comparison to balenciaga IMO) just isn't there! (not to mention that the bbag is just so nutzo chic--- i cant help myself but love them!)

so now, in everything, i look for quality with style! hello bbags!

sweetlove said:
Wow, I can totally relate to this tread.. Cheap handbags doesn't intrest me at all anymore.. When I go to H&M I think "oh, that bag would have been nice if it was <insert label here>".. It's so shallow, but I can't help it.

i'm with you on the H&M bags, but i still like their clothes :shame:

I wouldn't consider myself a purse snob. But rather a connoisseur of quality items. Just as some of you previously stated, why pay less for something that's going to fall apart. Balenciaga is plush and timeless without being overtly "logo-d." With the next season comes the next "it" bag - but balenciaga has always been a constant. So screw the "snob" label. We're just a large group of ladies (and perhaps gentlemen) with exquisite taste. Cheers!

I'm glad I am not the only one! I mean, I wouldn't ever look down on anyone with lower-quality purses...but I could never go back to anything less than Balenciaga, Chloe, Fendi, etc! I can't even look at Coach anymore because I feel like it is such a waste, when I could save for just a little bit more time and get a Bbag!

My first expensive bag was a Juicy bag. Then I graduated to a Coach tote for around $400. At the time I thought that was insane. And now I don't even think twice about spending $1K for a bag. :lol: In fact, I consider $1K relatively cheap...compared to my first real designer bag, which was a Chloe Python Silverado.