I am soooo mad, I need to vent!

Beanphd

O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
My Grandfather passed away a few weeks ago, so I was at the local flea market today selling his antiques. I brought along a few Coach bags that I don't carry, including a nice laptop case. I didn't price the bags, but I put $75 on the laptop bag.

A guy looked at the bag and asked if it was .75 cents?:wtf: I very politely said, "No, $75, it is a Coach bag and was originally about $300." He then said that it was counterfeit and continued to insist it was! He was very snotty and I think he was trying to take me for a fool to get it cheap.

He pointed to the outside leather label, and said that they don't come like that, then pointed to the inside label and said the font was wrong and that they aren't made in China! :shocked: I explained that they are based in the US, but the bags have been mostly made in China since the mid 1990's. He failed to notice the superior hardware and other signs of Coach high quality. I said, "It's genuine, I can tell a counterfeit from a mile away, I should be able to, as I have a closetful at home, I don't tolerate counterfeits!" He looked a little frustrated and tried to leave with the last word, but I started reciting the whole Coach history :graucho: as he walked away! I hate it when people try to act like they know about stuff, when they don't. I just wanted to punch him for it, it made me so angry, he acted like I was a fool. He must have realized that he wasn't dealing with a fool and left not being able to steal it from me. This is a pic from the drilldown of the case.
5111_d1.jpg

Sorry to go on and on, but I had to scream it out loud :hysteric:. Thanks for listening to my rant!

Ugh I hate it when people who have no idea what they're talking about try to pretend they're experts on authenticity. Sorry you had to put up with such a moron! :Push:

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather passing away. *hug*

People amaze me. I'm sure you're right, that he was just trying to get a better deal. I'd be amazed at any man who could tell the difference between a real Coach and a counterfeit. If this guy was truly the afficionado he claimed to be, then he would have known it was real.

Woohoo, you got the last word in and totally shut him down! :boxing: Good for you! I wouldn't let this guy get to you, some people thrive on getting reactions out of others. Honestly, it sounds like he was trying to steal that bag from you and when he realized you knew your stuff he gave up.
I hope you did well at the flea market!
I love your avatar too. What's your chi's name?

Thanks! My Chi's name is Petey and he almost has as much Coach as I do. If it wasn't so hot yesterday, I would have brought him along and I would have had him bite the guy, jk, lol! I did ok, but the heat kept people away, maybe I will dress down and go again later this summer, my mother-in-law set up next to me, so it was nice to visit and relax outside, it's just sooo dirty there.

He should have just left when he thought it was a counterfeit. Why go into an arguement? Some people..i tell ya!

Sorry about your grandfather's passing... my prayers to you and your family.

I am sure he was trying to scam me. I had several other bags for sale on my personal table behind me, and my gorgeous Carly there too, he didn't mention those at all. How could he think I was that dumb after seeing sooo many authentic Coach's on my other table?