I am SOBBING right now

I do think your safest bet is to order from Kooba. I'm sure none of their bags from the actual website would be defective. I think that stores like off 5th and century 21 sell "imperfect" items, and unfortunately your Carla happened to be one of them. I don't think it's a fake. It's almost like buying at a sample sale. Some are pretty good but some are pretty bad samples (rips or "pebbles" on leather). So I think places like that are a hit or a miss. But I'm sure buying straight from Kooba will be a hit. Hope you'll feel better when your new bag comes! It should def be perfect. Don't forget to post pics =).

I will post pics, thanks.

I can agree about it not being a fake, would hate to think a store affiliated with Saks Fifth Avenue would sell unauthentic bags. Now would Off Fifth or Last Call be selling 'seconds'? Very possibly. As was said, they have to go somewhere, right? And the Off Fifth that had the funky dyed Carlas said they called Kooba and were informed that that very well may happen as part of the dye process - maybe, but I couldn't see a regular Saks or NM accepting them for sale on their shelves!

:sad: awww, I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm glad you're able to return the bag, but what a disappointment.. You're husband sounds super sweet, btw - I'm glad he's taking your concerns seriously and is so supportive. Good luck!

Well I just followed hubby's advice and ordered from Kooba directly. He was sitting here w/ me when I did it and said to order a Ginger too to make sure I didn't like that better, as the only thing I ever said about my Carla that was borderline negative is that her straps are really wide. So we'll see. Yes, I love my husband. I paid for 2 day shipping, they will be here Wednesday.

<sigh>

BTW you know when you order that much at a time from kooba.com they then offer you a handful of their bags at even less of a cost than what the site shows?

How sweet!!!