I am sad...Should i have not ????

Jen, All that matters is how you feel about it. It's a beautiful color and I am sure it looks amazing on you. I learned a long time ago to take what some friends say to me with a grain of salt. As long as you are happy, that's all that matters. Rock that beautiful bag.

Jen: Your vert cru Birkin is stunning! I would love to have one in that particular colour for summer. Life is too short to care what other people think. Enjoy your bag:tup::heart:

Wear it, love it, who knows...maybe you'll love it when you're 60...maybe you won't. You can't live your life in the future. If you don't love it later, sell it, or give it to your daughter.

Jen, WOW!! What a gorgeous piece-the color is stunning and says a lot about your style-IT IS FABULOUS and you aren't afraid to take risks. Save the color 'black' as clothes to wear, and show this little darling off. I am not 60-but my mom is, and she carries the most amazing bright green bag (i am not sure the label, maybe Nancy Gonzales) but whatever, she owns the look and always gets stopped by peeps my age (33) to ask where they can get it!!! Maybe your friend secretly wants you to give to her??? (LOL). I mean look at how CUTE it is with your adorable child holding it?? Hello, it goes with EVERYTHING!

As for post #57, Lydia Sung, no idea who she is either (but thank you for a later post identifying her) and that woman is a ROCK STAR who clearly knows what she wants and who she is and could care less what other people think-does she have a formula for that I can buy???

Now, fill that bag up, put your child in the car seat and go get a coffee, yes you can take that thing anywhere!!!!

jen your bag is beautiful, enjoy it! Don't let a remark like that affect you, all tpf ladies have give you sound advice! Wear her with pride!
Cobalt, just trivia,Lydia Sung, a HK celebrity,is Alfred Sung's sister, he started Club Monaco in North America & I don't know about right now but more than 10 years ago he was quite popular in North America.

Thanks medusa!!! I love the photos of her!

Don't worry Jen, H bags come alive in colors and you're friend is obviously green with envy, one of those deadly sins.

Enjoy and as they say "Je ne regrette pas rien" or something like that

How fantastic that your friend knows what fashion will look like in 30 years! :nogood: I hate judgemental people. (Duct tape anyone?? Apply to offending pie hole as needed.)

You wear that bag proudly! Who is to say whether that color will even be made by Hermes down the road? It's probably collectable already! Black and brown will ALWAYS be available. Your wise SA is right of course!

Enjoy. Your "friend" is probably "vert cru" with envy :throwup: because she can't pull it off as beautifully as you!

i just needed to get my mine in perspective. why do others say things to make you upset?

i just don't get that?

It is a gorgeous bag and please simply enjoy the pleasure it gives you. What is the point of worrying about whether it will be age appropriate in 30 years' time? It is a beautiful bag and you deserve to treat yourself to an item that makes you happy today, not someone else, not in 30 years. Hugs x

OK you have the bag of my NEW dream I saw it and feel in love. Now as for your friends opinion It is just that and every one is entitle to it .I say enjoy the bag.Who cares if it is loud that only makes it better.

Its perfect!! If you love it, Keep it and wear it!
Why are you look 30 years ahead.
Who knows what will happen in 30 years!! ENJOY IT NOW!!
and don't doubt your choice, its stunning!!