I am on the wagon! And I am ready to cave!

1. So, my hubby is quitting smoking (again). Started Septmber 1, since drinking and smoking go hand in hand, until he has a couple of months of no smoking under his belt he is quit drinking too.

I have never been a smoker, thankfully...but watching him trying to quit...and actually quitting for an entire year, before starting to smoke again, I know how hard it is, so I want to be as supportive as possible. The week is fine, we hardly drink anyway....but I do miss my glass of wine or lemondrop martini on Saturday night.

How pathetic is that! :push:

2. It's not pathetic at all! Making life changes is an adjustment that is hard for everyone. If it was easy to stop doing all the things that are "bad" for you, then we would all be perfectly fit and eating all heathly all the time.

Hang in there, and think of how proud you will be when you stay on the wagon! In the meantime, maybe you could find some alternatives to your wine or lemondrop martini!

Good luck!

3. All comes down to will power... how strong that individual is and stay proud that you can be that strong!

4. I have to disagree, nicotine is one of the strongest addictions, and it does take more than will power to quit. I have never smoked, thank goodness, but as I said have watched my husband quit and attempt to quit many times. Which is why I am trying to be supportive.

For me it is will power, but that can fade when you know it's not really an issue...1 - 2 drinks, 1-2 times a week is not a problem...kwim?

Anyway, I didn't cave :tup:. But I am going to give myself a break on my birthday and have a couple glasses of wine ;)