I am officially boycotting Neiman Marcus

My one and only visit to NM in Virginia left a bad taste in my mouth. First, the sales woman was all over me watching as I tried on bags and giving her unwanted opinions. I even stated to her that I would come find her when I was ready to make a purchase. Secondly, I did not like that I could not use my zero interest credit card, but had to use either AX or their NM card.

I finally left disgusted and without a bag!

Actually, I would definitely have to agree with you here. Even if you try your best to dress up to "impress" the SA's (which you shouldn't even have to do in the first place), they still give you that nasty look and all those unwanted opinions. I hate going to Neiman Marcus, but that's where all the good bags are! :yucky:

Plus, they really push you to buy, especially when you're just trying out the bag in front of the mirror. They feed you all these sweet lines about how good the bag is, how good it looks on you, etc. So you end up purchasing it. Then, when you find there is something wrong, they are Sooooooooooooo slow to follow up to remedy the problem. Like, with the black lock I'm waiting for that was missing from my black Paddy that I bought this past weekend. I called the SA like 3 times asking what the deal is, and how many times has she called me?? ZERO.

I should keep hounding her about it like she hounded me about purchasing the bag....and give her a taste of her own damn medicine.

I use NM for one and only one thing: checking out new handbags since they have the best selection of Prada & Gucci around here. I think of them as a 3D reference library for high end handbags. After I see what I want, I buy it at Saks, Bob Ellis, ANY WHERE except NM!:yucky:

sorry to hear that! the ferragamo is nice and i hope they send the strap to asap. i bought from NM before and everything went fine but i do hate their website. prior to buying the bag, i had to ask how big it is. they didn't know and said they will have their "technical team" or whatever it was to get back to me which they never did. i just ended up looking it up somewhere else, but i did end up buying it cuz they were the only one carrying it in the color i wanted (i got the bulga flap tote in navy). if someone else was selling it, i would not have bought it from NM. i feel they're so incompetent at times.

i think the SAs receiving returns should look at the items more carefully. i had returned a kooba hobo one time (never used) but the guy who took it didn't even look at the bag and issued me a credit. it was good for me since it was such a hassel free but i was scared at the same time how simple the whole process is.

SuLi, I'm sorry about all of this. You have every right to be upset.

Because of incidents such as these, I (like wickedassin) am beginning to think about only purchasing handbags IN PERSON. :wtf: I realize that this would drastically limit my choices. But after all of the time that we spend here on tPF tracking down bags online or by phone to order, it seems that we're being shipped a lot of really CRAPPY bags! I want to inspect what I'm getting, not throw the dice and hope for the best...

It's terrible. You spend thousands on a bag and you get no service from the store. I feel for you. I love that Ferragamo bag btw. Very cute! Ihope the strap comes. I don't necessarily like Needless Markup either. I much prefer saks.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences! I've only ordered from their website a few times, and couldn't get over paying their high shipping fees (I should have waited for codes but was too impatient :shame: ). But I've met really nice SAs in the handbag department, so now I just go to the store... And hope your Ferragamo works out, it's gorgeous!

My NM rant is that I'm tired of their varied sale pricing across geographical regions and the website. They roll out the Last Call sale starting on the west coast, then midwest, then finally east coast. It's confusing to keep straight as to when last call starts. It also feels like you're being played with as a consumer. If you're on the west coast and the handbag you want is only available in another region, some SAs will tell you they can't get it for you at the last call price until the other region goes into their last call mode. I've been told (by a NM's SA) that NM discourages their SAs to do cross region searches once they're in Last Call. So during Last Call some SAs will continue to be helpful but some won't bother.

And don't even get me started on how they won't price match to their own website!!! I'm tired of being told that the website is a "different company" (have been given this explanation by a number of SAs over time) so they can't price match to it.

UGH! That would be enough to make me boycott as well..The Ferragamo is gorgeuos though...Hope you get the strap! Post pics when you get it...Good Luck! :heart: Emmy

Personally I prefer Saks for browsing, even though they don't always have the best selection. Sorry to hear about all your trouble. I have to say though that the Ferragamo is really gorgeous, so good luck with her. (hopefully they will get you the strap!).

I feel I'm long done with NM online and Saks online. Last year I ordered from NM online one Prada hobo in red and one Miu Miu rope hobo in red. When they came, the Prada had a strong sterilizing smell, and there were THREE pen marks on the Miu Miu. Certainly I went to return them. And they had an attitude as if it were my fault.

Glad that I've been staying out of the big department store business since then....

I usually get sucked in to buying from NM becuase of their great photography in their catalogues and online. I have learned only to buy in person because if I order from their website and don't like it, it takes forever for them to receive the return. Of course buying in person means I'm forced to use my nm charge, which I hate using.