I am now officially unemployed, LOL

congrats with everything! :yahoo:
However, I also think you should keep the apartment, and I'll supply with some experience of my own:

My parents knows that I'm PO'ed at them because they sold the apartment and now they will have to help me finance an apartment that's crappy in compair, so although *you* don't want to keep the apartment, think 20 years ahead in time - your child might love it and I doubt the prices on real estate will go down in Paris, so I guess you'll earn a bit if you put it up for lease..
Just my $.02 :flowers:

Actually I talked about this morning with my husband. He said that ideally we should be keeping but we will have to sell all 20,000 Google stocks (bought when everyone said that buying at $150 was a crazy price) that I have and I am more attached to them than my apartment, LOL! But then I am a very greedy girl and want a place in Ischia, Naples as well!

Actually we'll see how it goes. If it gets past $466 today, it's going to go to $500 and I'll sell then. No but seriously, this problem is simply down to the fact that I am not too keen taking a mortgage. I will probably have sleepless nights in a place that can be repossessed if something blows up (with my former job, I see people blowing up too often and I am really scared it is going to happen to me since Fortuna is never on anyone's side) at least with a home, I can roll around in peace and receiving unemployment benefits!

Actually talking about state benefits: today I tried to claim the unemployment benefits of £90 ($180) per week, they say I am not qualified! I am really buzzed off actually, LOL. I have been paying taxes all my life and now when I need state help, they are not willing to give it to me. I should try harder to skip taxes whilst I had the chance to, LOL.

mellecyn said:
1- Totally agree. Hate the people looking at you from head to toe. The way everybody in St Germain is trying to be so cool...so intellectual style with their book under their arms, their velour jacket and scarf around their neck around year around, in the style of "the boheme" pretending they have not money whereas they are pure posh/bourgeois, born in it
2- Hate how I can't light up a cigarette without having in the next 10 seconds 10 people rushing to ask for 1.
3-I am French so I can't say that French are all inefficient and lazy:P But I hate how they say things and can't stick to it 1 single time, if in a shop or any business they say they'll call you, don't listen they bloody won't -NEVER-
4-Metro -well at least it's not a tube so you can stand up- it stinks, people forget any basic polite rule to push you aside and run in between closing doors , risking their life, to catch a metro that come every 2 minutes.
5- If you were not born in Paris, you're an under human.Don't worth their time.
6- Dog poo alert every 5 meters
7- Can't respect ANY rules of discipline
8-Try to get a job there.....you 're not from Paris ? minimum wage salary for a bac+5 (Master degree) that will do ? You don' have the best general culture and like to show it off ? You don't know an important person of the company ? No ??? we will call you back......
9- There are also plenty of good things in Paris !!!

LOL, your list is better than mine. Actually I just thought up of a perfect example that incorporates most of your pet peeves!

I remembered reading that Dominique de Villepin has a son. The son is obviously amongst the political elite class but he likes to pretend to be parsimonious and intellectual hanging out in St. Germain smoking Marlboro Lights (probably borrowed from you, LOL) and generally being ‘boheme’ doing nothing all day with his Eurotrashy elite mates at aptly named places like Tramp nightclub.

One day he got into a fight with someone, got arrested but guess what he rang up his daddy and gave the phone to the police! Only ever happens in France, LOL. Let’s also talk about his job as a model, LOL. I do not see how he has become one – he looks like a skinny 1970s pubescent boy with lips that looks like he just had a punch-up, LOL but that probably does not matter when your dad is the prime minister!

I think I have managed to fit in everything except 4) and 9) in one example!

Congratulations on your pregnancy and your move to NYC! Isn't it funny how life works out?

I still would love to hear your input on investing (I've been following the Investing thread in the Money Talks subforum). I'm such a beginner at investing and have learned a lot from that thread! :P

Bee, That is such a good example !!!!:yes:
His son has the typical look I was trying to describe....messy long hair, velours jacket, scarf and "old" jeans.
It leads to another subject I hate, ALL the french new celebrities are "son/daughter of..." Children of the prime minister are models, daughter of Isabella Rosselini is the model/face for many brands, Charlotte Gainsbourg(who gave her name to Darel's cult bag) daughter of Jane and Serge, Lou Doillon, actress, her sister. Now Daniel Auteuil -famous actor- Daughter is an actress as well.....etc....and they get all the publicity in the magazines. Honestly I want to write to the magazine "Jalouse" when they present a new "talented artist" to show someone who comes from nowhere !!
How about the "actresses" who decide to sing and steal radio space from talented unknown artists ??? Gainsbourg, Mastroiani (daughter of Catherine Deneuve), Kimberlain, etc....
Good example to illustrate that in France "apparently" everybody has the same chances to get higher in the society.....What I like about anglosaxon countries : it's more "show us what you can do", than "who's your daddy" lol

-That's it for the rant, I really have to stop now, and leave the dream of Paris perfect for our Pfers-

Actually I talked about this morning with my husband. He said that ideally we should be keeping but we will have to sell all 20,000 Google stocks (bought when everyone said that buying at $150 was a crazy price) that I have and I am more attached to them than my apartment, LOL! But then I am a very greedy girl and want a place in Ischia, Naples as well!

Actually we'll see how it goes. If it gets past $466 today, it's going to go to $500 and I'll sell then. No but seriously, this problem is simply down to the fact that I am not too keen taking a mortgage. I will probably have sleepless nights in a place that can be repossessed if something blows up (with my former job, I see people blowing up too often and I am really scared it is going to happen to me since Fortuna is never on anyone's side) at least with a home, I can roll around in peace and receiving unemployment benefits!

Actually talking about state benefits: today I tried to claim the unemployment benefits of £90 ($180) per week, they say I am not qualified! I am really buzzed off actually, LOL. I have been paying taxes all my life and now when I need state help, they are not willing to give it to me. I should try harder to skip taxes whilst I had the chance to, LOL.

LOL, your list is better than mine. Actually I just thought up of a perfect example that incorporates most of your pet peeves!

I remembered reading that Dominique de Villepin has a son. The son is obviously amongst the political elite class but he likes to pretend to be parsimonious and intellectual hanging out in St. Germain smoking Marlboro Lights (probably borrowed from you, LOL) and generally being ‘boheme’ doing nothing all day with his Eurotrashy elite mates at aptly named places like Tramp nightclub.

One day he got into a fight with someone, got arrested but guess what he rang up his daddy and gave the phone to the police! Only ever happens in France, LOL. Let’s also talk about his job as a model, LOL. I do not see how he has become one – he looks like a skinny 1970s pubescent boy with lips that looks like he just had a punch-up, LOL but that probably does not matter when your dad is the prime minister!

I think I have managed to fit in everything except 4) and 9) in one example!