I am now officially unemployed, LOL

Congrats Beatrice, I am so happy for you, very well done !!
I hope that when you move to NYC you don´t let us down !! Your appartment near Champs Elysées seems to be really precious. You should keep it,the housing is going up up up in France ! Even if you don´t like Paris -I am one to understand why, so we can ***** about Paris together:P -
I will certainly miss your stories about working in the Finance !
Good luck !

Congratulations! Sounds like you have an exciting and busy time coming up for you. You will love New York, it's fabulous :smile: I wish I could afford to live there, haha...but Germany is just fine for me..for now! ;)

Your apt near the Champ Elysées sounds wonderful! That must be a fabulous location. I've never been to Paris, but I love looking at pictures and plan to go...someday, lol :smile:

Thank you everyone for your wellwishing, I don't have a present for my husband tonight so I'm thinking of showing him the pregnancy test stick, LOL.

OMG what exciting news, a pregnancy & a move to NYC, I am jealous & I so agree with Christine, please can we have your apartment :yes:

LOL unfortunately I am unemployed, broke and in desperate need of money. I have been looking a New York property prospectus and I need to stomp up $7 million (£3.5 million sounds much more manageable though, LOL) for a 3-bedroom 3000 square feet apartment on Central Park West-late 80th Street! :wtf: As much as I would like to keep my Paris one even just for the boasting factor :lol: I need to leave it behind and give it to someone else so that it can be loved and I have never ever thought of selling my London house because I have grown up in it for the past 29 years and I wil probably cry if I have to part with it.

Congrats Beatrice, I am so happy for you, very well done !!
I hope that when you move to NYC you don´t let us down !! Your appartment near Champs Elysées seems to be really precious. You should keep it,the housing is going up up up in France ! Even if you don´t like Paris -I am one to understand why, so we can ***** about Paris together:P -
I will certainly miss your stories about working in the Finance !
Good luck !
I think we should start a Paris bashing club. HATE HATE HATE it! My apartment is in Avenue Kléber . For other ladies, the avenue is in the 16th Arrondissement and starts from the Arc de Triomphe to Palais de Chaillot and my abode is about 400m from the Arc de Triomphe. Actually if you have seen the film Bourne Identity, that apartment building is mine though my one is above his, LOL.

Just to draw up our Paris bashing club principles and answer gr8heart question, I hate Paris because:

1) Hate the people (in particular the ones sitting outside the cafés especially in Saint-Germain-des-Prés and on Champ Elyséessmoking Gauloises though probably now it's Marlboro). Everytime I see one, they always try to act cool and stick their groin towards you, it's gross!

2) Hate the inefficiency of every French people. I bought chaise longue on Thursday and said can you deliver it to my house by tomorrow (Friday). Sorry, Madame we do not deliver on Friday because we will pack up for the weekend :wtf:. This just pure laziness! I bought a diabolical €3000 chair and you can not be bothered to send it to me ten minutes down the road!

3) Hate Eurotrash people in general (this is just a British thing, LOL). Cannot stand men in tight jeans especially. Young men in such an attire = seems like skinny pubescent boys from 1970s and old men = granddad let me buy you an elastic stay.

4) Hate speaking French in general. I know you ladies are going to say you have a mental illness but I just hate it! It is a dragging language and notice how every sentence starts with 'Also' and ends with 'No?' even Segolene Royal and Jacques Chirac do it. Just get on to point and if I am going to say no, I'll say it myself!

5) I can go on forever about the foul smelling Metro (compare to London Underground and the gross smell will slam you in the face!), etc. but I think I will risk sounding like a mentally ill total psycho obessessed with minute details!

Now I don't go to Paris unless I really have to and I'll skip to Aix-en-Provence to see my parents. If I want the bedsheets I used to have to go to Paris but now a shop in London is selling an even better one. If I want to eat at L'Entrecote (the steak with the secret sauce which is famous with the tourists), there is now one in London. If I want lingerie :graucho: :P, I don't have to go Alice Cadolle in Paris, I can get it from Myla in London!

Sorry for the really, really long rant. :P

3) Hate Eurotrash people in general (this is just a British thing, LOL). Cannot stand men in tight jeans especially. Young men in such an attire = seems like skinny pubescent boys from 1970s and old men = granddad let me buy you an elastic stay.

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
Thanks for sharing your insight!!!

Welcome to NYC-soon!:yes:

I think we should start a Paris bashing club. HATE HATE HATE it!

Just to draw up our Paris bashing club principles and answer gr8heart question, I hate Paris because:

1) Hate the people (in particular the ones sitting outside the cafés especially in Saint-Germain-des-Prés and on Champ Elyséessmoking Gauloises though probably now it's Marlboro). Everytime I see one, they always try to act cool and stick their groin towards you, it's gross!

2) Hate the inefficiency of every French people. I bought chaise longue on Thursday and said can you deliver it to my house by tomorrow (Friday). Sorry, Madame we do not deliver on Friday because we will pack up for the weekend :wtf:. This just pure laziness! I bought a diabolical €3000 chair and you can not be bothered to send it to me ten minutes down the road!

1- Totally agree. Hate the people looking at you from head to toe. The way everybody in St Germain is trying to be so cool...so intellectual style with their book under their arms, their velour jacket and scarf around their neck around year around, in the style of "the boheme" pretending they have not money whereas they are pure posh/bourgeois, born in it
2- Hate how I can't light up a cigarette without having in the next 10 seconds 10 people rushing to ask for 1.
3-I am French so I can't say that French are all inefficient and lazy:P But I hate how they say things and can't stick to it 1 single time, if in a shop or any business they say they'll call you, don't listen they bloody won't -NEVER-
4-Metro -well at least it's not a tube so you can stand up- it stinks, people forget any basic polite rule to push you aside and run in between closing doors , risking their life, to catch a metro that come every 2 minutes.
5- If you were not born in Paris, you're an under human.Don't worth their time.
6- Dog poo alert every 5 meters
7- Can't respect ANY rules of discipline
8-Try to get a job there.....you 're not from Paris ? minimum wage salary for a bac+5 (Master degree) that will do ? You don' have the best general culture and like to show it off ? You don't know an important person of the company ? No ??? we will call you back......
9- There are also plenty of good things in Paris !!!

congrats with everything! :yahoo:
However, I also think you should keep the apartment, and I'll supply with some experience of my own:
You say you're pregnant, which is wonderful (it will be somewhat relevant later).
When I was a baby, my parents owned a *huge* apartment in a nice part of the capital in addition to their house here (which we from now on can refer to redneckland). Anyways, they aren't really big fans of the capital, so they decided to sell this wonderful apartment, and at the time they sold it, the marked was terrible, so they sold it for a little bit more than $100 000 (though, it's almost 20 years ago, so it would probably be a bit more in today's currency), so they did not do it for the money. Anyways, they sold the apartment, and i grew up to hate redneckland but love the capital. However, it's far away, so everytime I went there and still do, I have to arrange with friends or fix an expensive hotel room everytime I go there, which is a lot of stress.
This year I'm moving to the capital from Redneckland and I've decided that I really want to live in the part of town where they had the apartment, but of course, the prices are crazy now, so I'll be lucky if I get an apartment to the fraction of the size and quality of the one my parents sold for twice the price they sold it for.. If my parents had kept the apartment instead of selling it years ago on the other hand, I'd have a huge apartment for free, and they would also have made money leasing it out throughout all these years I've been to school in Redneckland.
My parents knows that I'm PO'ed at them because they sold the apartment and now they will have to help me finance an apartment that's crappy in compair, so although *you* don't want to keep the apartment, think 20 years ahead in time - your child might love it and I doubt the prices on real estate will go down in Paris, so I guess you'll earn a bit if you put it up for lease..
Just my $.02 :flowers: