I am now definitely sure...

1. ...that my "Stam" is a fake. I bought it on eBay (of course) last year when I was still pretty naive about these things and thought that I was getting a real bargain. The bag looked good IRL but something just seemed off about the shape and I have always suspected that it might not be authentic. Then this past weekend I saw REAL Stams at Saks---black and topaz:love: , plus the cutest little black bag ever which I am guessing is the Baby Stam, and they are GORGEOUS!! Not at ALL like that pitiful bag that has been living in the trunk of my car since about Christmas (I am gonna give it to my sister since she does not care about carrying fakes). I still get sorta mad when I think about how I spent $700.00+ on a fake, but live and learn, right? Anyway, I maybe joining the Stam club real soon!
  2. Oh, that's terrible! :/ Fakes are why I am so afraid of eBay. Even with real pictures you just can't be sure of what you will get!
  3. Aw! You should post the listing in the authentic thread and everyone here will help you before you jump into the bidding war. But it's true you live and learn. There are some real Stams on eBay but you just have to look for them. But it happens, don't worry about it!
  4. I think most of us have been there before, by getting scammed thru ebay at the beginning of our purse addictions. Always a valuable lesson learned.
  5. Oh, I'm so sorry you were scammed. Honestly, I think has happened to all of us at least once.

I bought a Blake from a highly reputable Ebay seller who had over 4,300 auctions with a 99.9% feedback. The bag was a fake as it had both Lampo and Riri zippers. Her argument was that the bag is what they sell in Europe. blech.

I was in Neiman Marcus once, and had to bring to the attention of the SA that someone did a switch as they were selling a fake. The SA shrugged and said it has happened there before.

$700 is a harsh lesson to learn. I'm so sorry for you.
  6. I'm so sorry. I could say join the club. It's happened to me, too. Twice actually, each was a $300 purse. I could kick myself for not taking the time to have someone check out the pics. I did go on the MJ authenticate thread for a clutch, and they gave me the go-ahead and I won it!

Live and learn--I learn more from my errors, but I hate that I wasted the money.:flowers: