I am not happy! My MbyMJ bag is broken!

1. Ok ... I am trying to remain calm. I purchased one of the MbyMJ faridah totes about a month ago from the MbyMJ store in Boston. I just carried this bag for the first time yesterday. Today was it's second time out and about! I looked down at the handle at lunch, and the stitching on one side of the bag has already come apart. There are several loose threads, and the handle is pulling away from the purse! I don't know what to do. I know that the MbyMJ stores do not take returns, but I really don't think that I want to keep a bag that rips after two carries. And, I was visiting Boston, and there are no MJ stores in my area. Please help! What should I do? Call the store to see what they say?! I'm at work so I can't post pics, but I have the bag in the picture attached. It's black and cute and falling apart! :crybaby:

mbymjtote.jpg
  2. Oh no! I'm so sorry surlygirl! If you take it over to MbMJ, they will definitely have it repaired for you. Since you don't have one near your house, just give them a call and they'll have you send it to them to be fixed.

I've had to have an MJ collection bag repaired, and it was a completely painless process even though I was super disappointed!

Everything will work out! I hate it when this kind of stuff happens!

3. I just tried calling the store ... the number is not in service! Seriously, I am SO not happy. :hysteric:

4. Thanks so much, marclover. I am on the phone with them now. They put me on hold for the manager as soon as I mentioned bag and coming apart! Ok ... the manager says to send the bag to the store so that they can take a look at it to determine if it's defective or if it can be repaired. She also says that they haven't had any issues with the bag that I purchased. So I guess I feel better, but I am still kinda upset because now I have to go through the trouble of sending them my bag, being without the bag, and waiting for some type of resolution. She was super nice about it, but that's a heavy bag and it won't be cheap to send. Oh well. I just hope everything works out. If anyone can suggest anything else that I can do in the interim, that would be appreciated. I probably won't be able to send until Monday.

5. I would be so sad and annoyed! This is a major bummer.

But I have heard that the repair process is fast and relatively painless. I imagine you could call any mbmj store to discuss it. Here's the number for the ny mbmj accessories dept: 212 924 6126.

6. I wonder if you could suggest they cover shipping or somehow discount the cost of the purse for the inconvenience involved?

7. That's a horrible story! I'm so sorry. Hopefully they'll be able to fix it, and fast so you don't have to be without it for very long. Keep us posted.

8. Oh, that's a bummer. And I totally understand what you mean about having to wrap it up and then go stand in line and pay good money to send it out to get it fixed. Just keep thinking about how happy you'll be when you get your bag back. I hope you get it back soon! Let us know how it goes.

9. So sorry to hear that. I know what you're going through. My MJ Trish was broken and it's still being repaired! I couldn't believe when my SA told me it would be about 6 to 8 weeks! He better calls me. I hope everything is ok with your bag.

10. oh this is terrible...i just ordered this bag in black from Shopbop.com

goodluck with ur purchase and i'm hoping this is not a common problem.

11. i'm sorry to hear about your dilemma. it sounds like everything should work out in the end. perhaps they can credit you the shipping fee once the repairs are done? you should call the manager and ask if it's possible.

my mbmj softy hobo's stitching came apart the second time i used the bag. in my instance, however, it wasn't that noticeable, so it didn't bother me much. i did observe later on that there are inconsistencies in the stitching on the very front of the bag. i don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging it (i purchased it a month ago), but after hearing your story, it seems that mbmj doesn't have very good quality control. it's unfortunate since the bags are not cheap (the leather bags are not priced below $300). i hope this won't be a recurring problem for their accessories line since it's one of my favorite brands.

12. It is definitely a pain in the butt, but I'm glad they're going to take care of it for you! At least you only have to pay to ship it one way, and it'll be back in your hands in no time. Did they give you an ETA? I know it still sucks, because you love the bag so much!!

13. They should repair it for you, esp since you've only carried it twice.
    I hope it works out for you!!

14. for sure. the squeeky wheel gets the grease :graucho:

15. Just wanted to put out an update. Can you believe I have not even sent the bag back to the MbyMJ store yet? I just can't seem to part with her. She's super functional and has been looking so cute with all my outfits! So this weekend, I am going to que up another bag for next week and send out my faridah first thing Monday morning! The good news is that the stitching on the handle has not gotten any worse from the initial looseness. So, I'll send her in, they'll stitch her up and we'll both be very happy! :yes: