I am not going to give up

1. Ive been dieting for 4 months and exercising and havent lost any weight or measurements but instead of throwing in the towel like I have done in the past, im going to keep on trying. I just need to stay positive.
  2. Good for you on not giving up!

I've been exercising a lot recently and haven't seen much difference either. We can stick with it together :tup:
  3. You're doing the right thing! I'm glad you're going to stick with it. Not all changes are visibile in the first few months. You can't see how your heart and lungs are stronger, for instance, but they are.

It can be frustrating not to loose weight when you're trying so hard, but keep at it. I've found that eating correctly and exercising is a life-long project and the effects aren't always noticable.

Take comfort in the fact that you are doing something healthy and positive for yourself. That counts for everything!
  4. I'm in the same boat. I've been dieting /exercising daily for about 3+ months with very limited results. But I plan to keep at it!!! To motivate myself I bought some new workout clothes at the Adidas outlet and a new scale that show weight in 0.1 lb increments rather than 0.5 lb increments which my old scale had. It also monitors body fat. Hopefully I will see some fat % reduction even if the pounds don't drop a lot. Plus I completly agree with LeeLee there are so many health benefits even if there are not immediate cosmetic benefits.

Hang in there -- good luck!!!
  5. Have you noticed any changes? Do you feel better? Is your stamina up?

4 mos is a decent time and you should see something by now. What is your workout like? Your diet?
  6. Good for you! I've been working out for a month now but realized that I have to start lifting more to see more definition. Have you been lifiting?
  7. Charles - Im still tired but thats because I am anemic.
    I exercise 4-5 times a week and I do interval training and weights. I eat a low GI diet given to me by a dietician. Im currently getting tested for hormone problems as I agree with you - I should have lost weight by now.

8. Woohoo!!! Congrats on not giving up!!!! I've been struggling to lose weight for a couple of months now too...it's tough to get started sometimes, but it's well worth it when you get results....its amazing! Good luck to you!!!
  9. Yeah, you might, in fact, have some hormonal issues.

But I admire your dedication. Work with your DR and you guys will figure it out. Keep up the great work!
  10. Good for you! Don't give up. It took me what seems like forever to start seeing results but one year later I'm 30 lbs lighter any it was worth every moment.
  11. Do not give up... I was about to do so, I did not lose any weight during the first 4-5 months, DH said it was bc I was building muscle and muscle weights more than fat, I was like whatever dude, I am done with this, after 5 months or so, pounds started melting so fast and I lost about 8-10 lbs during the next two months, some inches off my waist too.

Good luck and dont worry, it'll be worth it.