I am giving it up...

1. All of it..

I am giving up the snacking and overeating and fast food and the late night munching and the soda..the diet coke has got to go. I am giving up the sweets, the alcohol and all the crap that I shove in my face knowing good and well that I should not be eating it and that it is the reason why I feel like crap.

I am just giving it all up...

I am replacing it with water...water...water and lots of it. Good choices. Whole grains. No more than 1200 calories a day. I am going to eat more fruit, more veggies and the things that I should be.

I am sick and tired of being fat!

I am a mother of 3 boys. I should be healthy because I want to stick around and be healthy for them. I need to set a good example. I know that I can do this...

So this is the deal: I am fat.

I am 5'3 and was 172 pounds to start. I put my fat ass on a diet starting 1/5/08. I had enough. I promised myself that I would keep my daily calorie intake to be around 1200 calories. I just got back from the doctors today and have so far dropped my weight down to 166 since Saturday so that is a start and my journey to a new me has begun. My husband is not being very supportive of me and my decision. He keeps bringing fast food around me and eating it in front of me and asking if I want some. When I tell him that I dont want it, he says that I used to be fun when I could eat with him and now I am getting crazy and I am going to turn into a "skinny *****" This bothers me but I am not doing this for him, I am doing this for me. My father said to me.."Heather, you are fat and you need to lose some weight before I wire your jaw shut so you cannot say you are my daughter." Whatever... My sister said to me, "why do you all of a sudden care about your weight now? You know I am the sexier sister anyways. I took that title from you long ago." Fine..think that...

I am just fed up. I want this so badly, but I am the most unmotivated person on the planet and usually cannot stick to anything longer than a few days. But something is different this time. I can feel it. I think that I finally had enough and am ready to just do this. Something is going to change...

My goal:

I have a cruise to the Caribbean on August 16th of this year. I absolutely refuse to go on this cruise fat. I am young. I am 25. I should be ready to get all dolled up and look fabulous on this cruise. This is my reward. I am on a mission to get down to 120 before I leave on this cruise. I want to buy a bathing suit. I want to buy a pretty dress. I want to look great and make heads turn. I want to take pictures and have memories from this cruise. I went on a cruise last year and did not even bring a bathing suit with me. I didnt bring a dress with me and I ran as fast as I could from the camera everytime it was pointed at me. Do you know that I do not have one single picture of myself on that cruise? My kids came with me and I should have taken pictures, but I didnt. I dont have one.single.picture. That is sad....

So this is my goal..I am going to get in shape and lose weight and look fabulous. I am going to lose at least 50 pounds by August. I am going to do it..I know I can and I dont care if anyone supports me or not. I have spent forever taking care of everyone else...this time I am taking care of ME.

And when I do hit that goal I am buying myself the most fabulous purse ever to take with me on that cruise and post tons of pictures to all my friends at tPF to show you how I did it. :smile:
  2. Congrats on making the decision. I too have vowed to give up all fast food and only eat out oce a week maximum. Hopefully I can stick to it as well!
  3. All I got to say is you go girl!! Do what you gotta do! Make sure to keep us up to date and let us know how you are doing. If you have any questions or need anything, don't be shy. Everyone hear is so supportive.
  4. Good Luck! Do it for you!! I look forward to seeing your progress :biggrin:
  5. Good for you, for wanting to make a positive change! You sound like you have great motivation and a good goal. Definitely let us know how it goes!!!
  6. Rooting for you all the way!!!!!!!!!
  7. Good for you! You can do it!!!!! and by Aug is a reasonable time frame.
    tell your husband you will be a much more fun happy person when you are healthier & feel better about yourself, so he should support that, and it'll make things easier if he would.

Whenever I want something bad now (like pizza, oh how I LOVE pizza!!!)
    I think to myself - 20 mins of happiness now? OR don't eat it & be happy & comfortable with myself & in my clothes all the time? Makes the choice to be good a lot easier.
  8. Great for you!!!! It is very important that you lose the weight you want to lose before you get older..When your metabolism slows doen it will be so much harder!! I admire your courage and determination....good luck and embrace the challenge!! I saw Valerie Bertonelli (sp) on a Jenny Craig commercial last night....I love these commercials b/c she is genuinely so much happier now and it shows...and she is proud of herself and I think that is great...Good luck !!!!!
  9. Good for you!

Shame on your family for not supporting you, especially your husband. Be determined and prove them all wrong.

If I had a sister like yours, I'd have to slap her silly. Don't let her comments stop you from being the person you want to be. She best pray nothing ever happens to her face or body, because she's as shallow as shallow can be. Her personality sucks.

I'm proud of you Heather. Making the changes you are now will stay with you for the rest of your life. As you lose weight, you'll gain confidence. I wish you all the best in the upcoming days, weeks, months, years, stay strong!!
  10. I got excited for you just reading that!! :yahoo::yahoo:

You really CAN do it. It's all mental. Your tastes and cravings. Make your mind want to taste something else. Don't give in to your cravings.

Also, try and tell your family that you really are going to do this... and show them. And if that doesn't make them change, then use their negativity motivation!!!

Gook luck! And do keep us updated on all your progress.
  11. my responses to your family:

Hubby: "maybe you should look into dieting with me (fatty)"

Daddy: "thanks for caring about my safety and well being"

Sister: "not for long"

Were all routing for you!!! :yahoo::yahoo:sorry the people closest to you dont seem to feel the same
  12. good for you ....and we are here to support you every step of the way
  13. Rude Gal ...

I'm proud of you and I feel the same way. I started a boot camp program last year but just could not get up at 4:45 am every morning, let alone work out outside in the winter, so that was axed. I have made serious changes for the new year as I started eating 5 meals a day, got a personal trainer, and go to the gym at least 4-5 times a week just for cardio. We can do it, and my goal is to lose 68 lbs the right way. I hear that's it healthy to lose 2lbs a week, so I should hit my goal by August as well. Hmm I believe TPF has a group the two of us should join. BTW I'm 5"2 1/2 and weigh slighty more than you. It should be exciting updating our progress with the rest of the overweight foks ready for a change. I have a 5 yr old, and definitely want to be around for him.
  14. WOW! I'm sorry you are not getting any support at home, but we will support you here. I'm really proud of you for changing your life and making smart decisions. Once you start eating whole foods you won't even like fast food. It will make you feel sick to your stomach. So anyways, GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted on how you are doing.
  15. Good luck!!!! I felt pretty much the same way as you and have similar eating habits! I am 10 days in and feeling and doing pretty well!!!!!